Dredd 7.2 configuration feature

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by pixelneer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. pixelneer

pixelneer Auditioning

Hey all. Has anyone else had/ seen this issue with the Dredd Blu-ray? Essentially, my 7.2 system has been professionally calibrated, when I go into my receiver setup and test, all speakers respond accordingly. All is good. Now, going into Dredd setup, and they have a handy little 'optimizer' ... go in switch to test 7.2 and.. it proceeds.... and has things all out of whack. According to it, my rear right and left surrounds are the fronts, the sub is non existant along with the two rears. Now when I play the movie, all seems just fine (quite awesome actually) SO, is it just this 'feature' that is clearly hosed, or should I be looking deeper? Thanks in advance. James

2. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Cinematographer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Have you tried the speaker check feature on your receiver to verify the wiring? It may seem like a stupid question, but I've been to many clients' homes who tried to hook up their system themselves, and found many of the speakers wired to the wrong terminals, even though they thought it sounded "correct."

3. pixelneer

pixelneer Auditioning

Yeah. First thing I did when it showed things 'incorrectly" on the Dredd feature. I should add, this is all literally 24hrs after I had someone (who recommended these forums) professionally calibrate them and recommended Dredd as a really good showcase movie.

4. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Cinematographer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Then I would say it is an issue with the "optimizer" and wouldn't worry.