What's new

Dreamcast Games on clearence (1 Viewer)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Me too. The Dreamcast has been collecting dust since I unpacked my X Box but at these prices It just might be making a comeback.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The Dreamcast is the greatest bargain in the history of videogaming- there's no contest! You can get the system for about $35, the games are dirt cheap, and there are a lot of damn good games out for it!
Heck, where else can you play the video maracas??? :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Even since I got my PS2, my Dreamcast still gets plenty of play. (Although not quite as much as Red Faction. ;) ) The driving and tennis games are especially good.

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Holy! That's a great deal. I always wanted to pick up Jet Grind and I might have to. Tennis as well - I hear it rocks.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I hope those prices are universal. The selection varies from store to store, to say nothing of state to state. I've seen Toy Commander and Sega Marine Fishing for $5.50 locally.
Seeing that Anna Kournikova isn't even a hidden character on Tennis 2K2, I think I'll hold on to Virtua Tennis. :D

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
James, she is not in the game, unfortunately.
I've also seen pod Speedzone for $10 at Sears. Is it worth it? I enjoy the futuristic racing games like S.F. Rush 2049, but I'm leaning away from pod only because it's limited to two players.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Awwww... Drat!

Actually, go to Circuit City... they havn't acutally repriced many of their games, but their computers show a significant price drop. I got ten DC games for about $60 or so... have to dig out the reciept to check. This was about two weeks ago or so. Only the "newest" games were more that $20. I got Unreal Tornament for about $15 or so.. and Chu-Chu Rocket for about $6 or so. This was during a 10% off sale as well, so YMMV.

Jim

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Someone talked about being able to get a Dreamcast system for around $35. Is that actually possible? The cheapest I have seen is around $50 used.

I keep thinking about getting one and at $35 probaly would. I better act soon though before the games are all gone.

-Eric

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Do any stores still have Dreamcast systems? I've been looking for one for a while, but haven't seen any. Seems like they all got bought over Thanksgiving weekend when the prices dropped.

Mike Gl

Stunt Coordinator
The local Target had several copies of the recently released NBA 2K2 for under $20 in their stack of clearance items in addition to Tennis 2K2 for under $15.

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Ken,

I went to Amazon but they don't have any in stock. You can view the product and it says it will ship in 1 -2 days but you can not put it in your shopping cart. I got happy for a little while, especially since I have a gift certificate but no luck. Oh well someday I'll find a used one for cheap. Someday.......

-Eric

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Arrrhkkkk,
Went to both Targets near me and NO Dreamcast games in sight. :frowning:
Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks