What's new

Dream Games (1 Viewer)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Grand Theft Auto Online that would constantly have new things added to it and virtual property that you could buy allowing you to build an online empire.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
1. A next gen R-Type with incredible 2D.
2. Next gen Castlevania with incredible 2D.
Damn strait. I wants me some sweet ass, high res 2D goodness. The GBA is all good and well, but I want my games in 640x480! Guilty Gear proves how good it can look in a fighter. I think Namco failed to localized the very pretty Seventh Cavalry and Venus and Brave games because they don't think 2D was marketable enough.

Atlus is bringing Disgaea over, though, which looks real nice. Now we just need a PS2 sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics!

Andre F

Screenwriter
After a long discussion on this topic with my wife (believe it or not), we rememeber and cherish our time spent together playing Shining in the Darkness. I know there have been sequels but none with the same gameplay...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Mine is a little more ambitious. ;) It would be the next Command & Conquer but instead of you controlling drones each unit would actually be controlled by a real player. Think a squad would be told where to go and which buildings to infiltrate to clear the way for an air attack, but you'd have to have the ultimate team to win a battle.

A really really really good R-Type/Gradius-type shooter.

Mark Yatchak

Agent
Anyone remember Destruction Derby on the PS? I think an updated version including Xbox Live support would be incredible fun.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Wow, great ideas. In reading over what everyone wrote, my top 3 started morphing a bit:

#1 - Wasteland 2. Not another Fallout, but a Bioware interpretation of the original C64 RPG masterpiece with a whole new story. I would quit my job for this one.

#2 - An MMORPG that is totally fun and obsessive, but has absolutely no leveling. Like another world where you can gamble, party, trade, manufactor goods, whatever you like in a fantasy setting without the experience grind. Wouldn't quit my job, but I would ahve to cut down on sleep quite a bit.

#3 - A Battletech game that is a TRUE translation of the pen and paper RPG. There was a shareware version for Amiga called Battleforce about 10 years back, pure bliss (but never finished.) I'm talking a top down view with hexes, stats, dice rolls, aimed shots, kicking/punching, everything in the PnP version. Man, that would be sublime. Could work and sleep with this one, but would have to teach my kids and wife to play this one so I wouldn't neglect them ;)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Anyone remember Destruction Derby on the PS? I think an updated version including Xbox Live support would be incredible fun.
That really is a "dream game" for the XBox - DD is a Sony property, and I believe they have a DD Online being announced in a week or two for the PS2.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I believe there's a SCEE announcement of a bunch of titles due sometime in March & that's one of them. Of course, it's not being developed by Reflections but neither was the last one in the series.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
In what context, Morgan? I honestly don't know what you mean by that comment - whether it's an honest question or a sarky one about my initial DD online post (which was just pointing out that DDOnline is a reality, not a 'dream game').

Michael G Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Bejamin_L - A Vagrant Story 2 for the PS2 would be excellent. I got back into that game about a year ago, then my PS1 died.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I honestly don't know what you mean by that comment - whether it's an honest question or a sarky one about my initial DD online post (which was just pointing out that DDOnline is a reality, not a 'dream game')
It was a serious question. What games (that some of us are dreaming about or might be) are you aware of?

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
All of these would be for PS3, Xbox Next or GC2, whichever one is the most powerful. I'm a patient man, I can wait.

Donkey Kong Country sequel - Using the same SGI graphics technique of the original but of a much higher quality. Imagine seeing DK fur shaded, self shadowed and all that good stuff in 2d with interactive, living environments. Wind would blow through the levels making trees sway and dust blow around. Weather effects that affect the environments and the characters, imagine Donkey Kong's fur getting covered in snow if you stand in one place too long on a snowy level or his fur getting wet and looking shaggy if he got wet. I would want a lot of variety in the gameplay such as swimming levels, airplane flying levels, boat racing levels, animal riding, all that stuff.

Bushido Blade Bakkamatsu - Set in the period of the revolution like Rurouni Kenshin this would feature levels as huge as Halo with graphics as detailed as Dead or Alive 3. You can pick who you want to be from a number of different classes of characters such as spies, ninja, samurai, Shinsen Gumi, all that good stuff. You would have a mission mode where you could take your character through the game to kill the shogun or something like that. On the way you would fight all kinds of characters like you did in the old game such as ninjas and other fodder for your sword and then have big fights with the main characters. The whole environment would be free to roam and used to set up ambushes or used to harm your opponent.

For instance you could fight someone in a bamboo forest and cut down the trees to block them from chasing you or confuse them so you could attack. Or you could fight someone in a small river before a waterfall with water splashing all around you getting you wet. And when you killed them there would be blood flowing in the water like when someone dies for real. Also the deaths would be pretty gruesome and there would be one hit kills. You would be able to disable body parts or slice them off completely. Would be pretty cool to start a fight after the pre-fight intro and run away so your opponent chases you and then just turn around and behead him with blood splashing on your character and soiling him. :D

There would also be weather effects that affected the environments and the characters. Such as snowstorms or rain that made it hard for both you and your opponent to fight. Also there would be other people and lifeforms in the level that you could interact with while you're fighting. Like one fight could take place on a huge battlefield and you're assigned to kill a general but you're surrounded by other fighters battling and dying while you fight the general. You would have to fight the general plus the other characters with the aid of your allies and when you kill the general there would be a cutscene of him dying and your troops beating the crap out of the rest of his army. Also, each character would have their own complete story complete with 2 endings based on your final decision in the game. If they made this game I would never leave the house.

Deathrow 2 - I'm too tired to write the rest of this so I might do it later. But the simple fact of a sequel to Deathrow would be enough of a dream come true for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks