What's new

Dream Games (1 Viewer)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Assuming you could have any 3 games made, what would they be? Mine are:

1. A sequel to Guardian Heroes with Guilty Gear XX quality graphics. Make the game length around 5 hours, double or triple the number of branching paths, have around 10 selectable characters, and you've got an instant "all time top 10" game.

2. A Xenogears remake with state of the art graphics. Add a bit of clarity to certain parts of the story and finish the sections that didn't make it into the original.

3. A Morrowind style game with a futuristic theme and the ability to have a party of characters without abusing certain glitches.

In a way, I'm kinda lucky. My #1 dream game, Deus Ex 2, is coming along nicely and will hopefully be out in a few months. Time to prepare some forged "he's too sick to go to work or classes" doctor's notes.

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
Good topic!

1. A sequel to Vagrant Story (PSX) with a more user-friendly combat system/interface. I wouldn't call it a real RPG since you have no say in how the story develops, but it did have the best dialogue/story/pinache that I've seen in a fantasy game. ever. I'd even settle for a remake.

2. A sequel to the almighty SPACE LORDS- A fantastic multiplayer space dogfighting sim that was in the arcades for a while (Atari). Probably one of the first great mutltiplayer games ever, there were stations set up for four pilots (each of whom could have a gunner each for an extra 50 cents). Think Wing Commander, except more fast paced and with nukes. :D Would be a killer on Live.

3. HALO 2. (Someone had to say it :D)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Probably sillier than most, but there aren't really enough silly games out there:
  • STart Magazine once ran a "game ideas" contest, and my favorite idea is one that, while it might be something that got old quick, would probably entertain me immensely - "Ensign Expendable"! You're an ensign on a Constitution (or Galaxy)-Class starship assigned to security, who one day gets the call to accompany the captain on an Away Team mission to an unexplored planet. You're not stupid, and know how this story ends. Your options are to (1) hide, (2) attempt to take control of the ship (a surprisingly easy task) or (3) join the landing party, armed with only a nonfunctional weapon and dead-slow reflexes, and try to survive long enough to be promoted to "recurring bit character".
  • I'd like to see Infogrames update some of the quirkier titles in the Atari library. "Attack Of The Mutant Penguins" would be a heck of a fun game on one of today's systems, especially since the game could still look cartoony with cel-shading but be more dynamic that the Jaguar version. Also, people never fail to giggle when they hear that Atari released a game called "Ninja Golf" for the 7800 (and I still want one even though every review I've read says it doesn't live up to the promise of the title). You own the trademark, and most people will look at it as a new game, so why not do an Xbox version?

(Okay, "Mutant Penguins" is actually Sunrise Games. Although they apparently never did anything else)
  • Xbox Live "Ballblazer"

This, of course, doesn't include the new, super-duper scrolling version of "Burgertime" that I'm downloading development information to write (for the Atari 7800, just out of sheer perversity).

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
My vote:

1. A next-gen Castlevania

2. A really, really good boxing sim (not Knockout Kings)

3. Halo 3 :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Another good, 2-D MegaMan X game.

A good sequel to Shadowgate.

A good Neon Genesis Evangelion game (with an American release).

Kris Coffin

Stunt Coordinator
Sequel to Kingdom Hearts (sometime soon)

A Star Wars game that doesn't suck

A remake of Final Fantasy VII (or at least the briefly talked about sequel)

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Here's some of mine...

A true next-gen Sid Meier's Pirates!
An update to the C64 classic Impossible Mission
A new, online multiplayer capable Cyberball

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
A Lucas Arts adventure game that will either change dramatically each time you play through it or erases the part of your memory that contains things from playing the game so you can play it over and over again.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
OOOOO Pirates is a good one, but I have an even better idea

A Sequel to Uncharted Waters that makes it to America and Has a better Combat System, perhaps somethign like Dynasty Warriors

And cause my freinds and I are complete geeks I want another Aerobiz game

damn but Koei Rules

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Only 3? Damn, I'll have to think what would be best...

1. A new Gabriel Knight game. Not only is this the most mature and well-written series of adventure games (and games in general), but the last one ended on one helluva point to pick up in the next game. It's not quite a cliffhanger, but close enough that not having resolution is absolutely horrible.

2. The revival of the adventure game genre in general, especially LucasArts and old-school Sierra titles. Not everything has to be in 3D, gimme those oldschool painting type graphics I just want to frame every time. There are still a thousand good stories waiting to be told. Along with that, System Shock 3 would be bloody nice.

3. A North American release of Para Para Paradise and the controllers. I think this game looks cooooool, even compared to the venerable DDR. Sign me up for a PS2 if they ever do this :p).

JoshF

Supporting Actor
1) Adventure 2 by Atari. I know it'll never happen for obvious reasons, but I'd love a new high-tech reiteration of the original kill-a-dragon with an arrow genre.

2) A massive online fighting RPG game / arena featuing *real* fighting styles (no fireballs coming off your palms) in which you train offline and take your custom-created character into the ring. With real divisions, rankings, and championships that anyone can watch.

3) Online console baseball that works. Please?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Speaking of Koei, I'd love a souped-up version of one of their old-school strategy games like Nobunaga's Ambition.

I'd also like to see the a fictional sports/wrestling games (Deathrow, etc.) set up like a real sport: free agents, multiple seasons, drafts, franchises, etc.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I clearly won't be pushing any system limits with the first two, but the third one could be a marvel to behold.

1. Warlords 2, which could take some power-up cues from Arkanoid.

2. Qix 2, which could implement arenas of different shapes, not just a square over and over again.

3. Gunstar Heroes 2, with four player support. Green and Yellow join Red and Blue in the side-scrolling explosive mayhem!

Well, I'd be happy with those three. On the Dreamcast, please.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
1. A next gen R-Type with incredible 2D.

2. Next gen Castlevania with incredible 2D.

3. A side scrolling beat em up with the control mechanics of the Street Fighter series (I can't believe noone tryed this in the heyday of this genre!!!). No The Bouncer or Tekken Force doesn't count!

4. Wizball (C64) in 3D!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks