What's new

Dramas with two or more seasons that are not out on dvd. (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Regulus said:
How many Dramas that you know lasted two or more seasons with little, if any DVD Release. (The exception is PD and/or "Best of" Episodes that consist of less than ten percent of the entire series) I'll start off with the NBC "Wheel Show" The Bold Ones. Others include:

77 Sunset Strip

Hawaiian Eye

Surfside 6

Run For Your Life

Switch

Science Fiction Theatre

I led 3 Lives

The Promised Land

Cold Case

Movin On

Lawman

Lou Grant

Kraft Suspense Theatre

And of course, Lassie
Just curious.. What is the issue with Lawman? I don't know who owns the rights, but I would figure with the huge amount of westerns out there, a popular series like this would have been out years ago. Ditto the Rebel. What's the deal with these two?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Frank Soyke said:
Just curious.. What is the issue with Lawman? I don't know who owns the rights, but I would figure with the huge amount of westerns out there, a popular series like this would have been out years ago. Ditto the Rebel. What's the deal with these two?
Frank:

Timeless Media Group has acknowledged that they are working to secure a complete series release of The Rebel.

Darby

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
The Dick Powell Show/Theatre would be an ideal choice for Timeless/Shout! Touted as Four Star's most prestigious series, an anthology drama, which also turned out to be a pilots' launching pad for several different series, namely "Burke's Law" and "Saints and Sinners". It could have ran for more than two seasons had Powell not gotten ill from cancer and died, and that's where Four Star's output went downhill under Tom McDermott and later, David Charnay.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Switch ! I would completely get this show on DVD! Loved it when it first aired!

Flamingo Road = Didn't this run two seasons??

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
NYPD is a totally different show from the late 60s that ran two seasons.

theonemacduff

Second Unit
Real Name
Jon Paul
Jack P said:
NYPD is a totally different show from the late 60s that ran two seasons.
Yeah, I think it had Jack Warner and the opening credits ran over a shot with the camera perched on top of a police car, lights flashing, speeding down a NY street. Cool.

I don't think High Chapparal is out in North America yet either. Had some good episodes, though there was so much desert, I didn't how their ranch was ever an economic proposition....

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Crazy Like A Fox
The Eleventh Hour
Twelve O'Clock High
Project UFO (two half seasons but still two seasons)

Burke's Law and One Step Beyond do not belong on the list with each having one full season on DVD.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Oops! I should have clarified I meant the 60's drama NYPD with Jack Warden. I saw an episode on YouTube & thought it looked interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks