What's new

Dr. Who Season 3 Thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
I concur.... great episode. I will never blink around a potential energy
sucking statue again, because I don't want to end up in.. ....
Oh, drat... looks like 1972 again....DISCO!! ARGH!

Dr. Joe

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I missed part of the techno-babble of why the Lonely Assassins sent people to the past. What was the reason behind that again?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I beleive it was that by sending you into the past they could feed of the energy of the future years you would have had in the present.

Someone is going to have to explain it better.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It can't be explained better. Any attempt to apply logic to the monsters in "Blink" falls apart pretty quickly, but the execution is so good that the silliness of the plot device can be forgiven.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
The next two are pretty crazy. This has been an outstanding season. I CANNOT wait for the next. Can't get into Torchwood, even after three episodes.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

I would agree except the Dalek two parter ALMOST pulled me out of the season. It was show-stopping bad. I love the guest star in the next week's episode, too. Very cool. I agree about Torchwood. I haven't watched beyond episode 2 and have not really dug it. It isn't bad, per se, but it certainly isn't something that makes me want to turn it back on again. I will try, though, as a friend who saw the entire series said it gets better.

Anyone know if that show crosses over to Who? Next week's teasers make it look possible.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The last three episodes are good of Torchwood but the rest are pretty boring and mundane.
Nowhere near as good as Doctor Who.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

No, the BBC keeps the shows pretty separate, one being a family show and all. Captain Jack shows up in season 3, and Martha goes over to Torchwood for three episodes next year - but that's as much cross pollenization as you'll get.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Utopia had a very good cliffhanger. Still waiting to see how the Face of Boe fits into all this. Did anyone else notice when the professor was looking at his watch, among the voices was the laugh of Anthony Ainley as the Master. I wonder what happened to that Master. That should have been his last life, and he stole it from someone else!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
No, I didn't notice the voice. I'll have to hear that again.

The episode was great. I wish that I hadn't known that Yana was the Master, but that was spoiled several months ago by DWM. It still was a surprise that they were using the watch and that was how he survived the Time War. That was very nice fitting together what we knew from Human Nature here.

Also, now we know why Capt. Jack was so concerned about the mysterious hand in Torchwood Episode 2. I had no idea what the hand was when watching Torchwood Ep. 2, but was soon as the Doctor said it I froze the screen and went through it all with my son and then they showed the flashback. Very nice. It was also nice to hear Capt. Jack's personal timeline. I didn't think that the Doctor really knew that he had been brought back to life at the end of Season 1. I thought he might have been preoccupied with other things at the time.

Neil

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
If you actually listen carefully in episode 2 of Torchwood, in the scene where he saves the hand from the girl, the musical score is actually the Doctor's theme.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
In listening to the commentary they say that Roger Delgado's voice is there as well - from The Daemons apparently.

I can't believe that I did get the following until I heard the commentary: Professor Yana - You Are Not Alone.

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Considering YANA, I'd guess that he knew just who was there. Perhaps Chantho was working with him at some time. From her knowing glances, she definitely knew more than she let on.

Neil

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

That's hilarious.

The one thing I can be sure was never said in the editing suite while they were cutting together the YANA revelation was,

"Do you think it's too subtle?"

LOL

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I'd make it's own thread, but it would probably get lost in the shuffle. Did anyone happen to catch the first two episode of the Sarah Jane Adventures yesterday? I only got to see the first one, and it's a really fun romp. Ok, the Slitheen are a little over the top, but the story was a pretty cracking good run. It's funny that this little kids show managed to out Torchwood Torchwood.

Sure it's aimed at the children's demographic, and I've only got one episode to judge by so far, but I like what I see.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I was quite impressed with SJA. I thought the pilot, Invasion Of The Bane, was watchable, but felt too kiddified. But the Slitheen story was aimed perfectly at the right level. Perfectly appropriate for kids to watch, but not something that I felt embarrassed to be watching as an adult. Hoping the rest of the series maintains this level.

And this time the Slitheen farting didn't bother nme at all, since this is a show directly aimed at kids, and they do tend to enjoy that type of humour.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Oh, come on. It's not like they literally spelled it out for us. I mean...

Oh, wait. Yes, they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks