What's new

Dr. Who 2009-10 on BBC America (1 Viewer)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed The Next Doctor, the first of 4/5 David Tennant episodes on BBC America Saturday night. I think the second episode will air this October and the third around the year end holidays. The final two hour episode should air in the Spring.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I watched this when I went home (to the UK) for Christmas and agree, it was really good. I'm going to miss Tennant as the Doctor, that's for sure...

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I don't have cable so I'm catching up on Dr. Who season 3 on Netflix. David is my favorite Dr. so far, I hate to see him go. I just watched "Blink" and thought it was one of the best episodes so far. I also liked the 2 episodes before that when he becomes human. This is some of the best television I've seen in a while, imo.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if they will repeat this episode? I did not see this advertised so I missed the special.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
There's no repeat of The Next Doctor scheduled yet. The next new episode "Planet of the Dead" will premiere on BBC America on July 26 at 8PM and 11PM and 2AM EDT/5PM and 8PM and 11PM PDT and in Canada on Space a day earlier, July 25th at 9PM EDT/6PM PDT. The following episode "The Waters of Mars" is expected to air sometime in the fall in the UK and the final two should be airing on Christmas and somewhere near New Years.

You might also like to know that the new 5 episode series of Torchwood, subtitled "Children of Earth" which airs in North America on July 20th at 9PM EDT on BBC America and 10PM EDT on Space for us Canadians and will wrap up in the 24th.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Ok, The "Waters of Mars" episode was good. But, this last new episode "The End of Time part 1" was fantastic. I really like the guy who plays "The Master". He's off-the-charts insane in this new episode.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
The two-part 'End of Time' was very well done. The second part really resonated emotionally and I think that David Tennant gave his very best performance. I am going to miss his Doctor, but am interested to see where Matt Smith takes the time lord. I see the 2009/10 Dr. Who specials will be released on Blu-ray (except Planet of the Dead which is already available) - I look forward to owning and rewatching the specials, if only to re-enjoy Tennants final turns as (the best ever, in my opinion) Doctor.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
If only Tome Baker could of had these production values!

The 4th Doctor is still my favorite. But i really enjoyed Tennant. I will miss him.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
While I liked the last several minutes, especially his last words - "I don't want to go!" I was a little let down with The End of Time. It just seemed sloppily put together.

I'll miss David Tennant (as I've missed each actor playing the Doctor) - he did a superb job. I look forward to seeing where Matt Smith goes with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks