What's new

Dr. Kildare in 2013? (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Got this tidbit from an interview with George Feltenstein conducted by Lou Lumenick, from another thread:
Sometimes the elements are fine but there are other issues holding up a release. "We get a lot of requests for the Dr. Kildare TV series with Richard Chamberlain, but we could never clear the music because we couldn't find the cue sheets,'' Feltenstein says. "Now we have, and it will probably be out next year -- along with all of the Dr. Kildare movies, of course.''
the whole interview is at:
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/dvd_extra_warner_archive_collection_aI3arVytKg8JTkEk8BGo0M#axzz2CgtumV1P
If true, I know Gary OS will be delighted.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Richard,
Thanks for posting this. I read your other post in the Movie Bd.
Gary's already been sent an e-mail. It'll be good news for him. I'm also interested in this one.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
You're welcome, it was my pleasure. You and Gary are not the only ones very interested in this series. :)

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Richard V said:
You're welcome, it was my pleasure. You and Gary are not the only ones very interested in this series. :)
You're right...so am I. ;) Very hopeful news..thanks Richard!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Richard, I have only word concerning this potential dvd release:

[SIZE= 48px]YES! YES! YES![/SIZE]

Gary "okay, that was three words... but still..." O.

jperez

Second Unit
Real Name
jorge perez
My wish list: Run For Your Life, Adventures in Paradise, Then Came Bronson.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
It would be interesting (if they get that far) as to what would happen with the fifth (color) season of the show. It was not syndicated by MGM, now Warner, but by Republic as NBC had some kind of ownership deal on that season. Those episodes have actually been circulated more recently, having run in England and then on Nick at Nite Australia.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
It would be interesting (if they get that far) as to what would happen with the fifth (color) season of the show. It was not syndicated by MGM, now Warner, but by Republic as NBC had some kind of ownership deal on that season. Those episodes have actually been circulated more recently, having run in England and then on Nick at Nite Australia.
The 5th Season also aired on Tasmaian Television (TasTV) in the 1980's-1990's before it aired on Nick at Night Australia.
But I digress - this is an interesting point. Could NBC have taken a ownership stake in the show to fund the switch to color?
I always liked the season due to the longer multi-episode serialized storylines in the half-hour format.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
The 5th Season also aired on Tasmaian Television (TasTV) in the 1980's-1990's before it aired on Nick at Night Australia.
But I digress - this is an interesting point. Could NBC have taken a ownership stake in the show to fund the switch to color?
I always liked the season due to the longer multi-episode serialized storylines in the half-hour format.
Highly possible that they did. I do know that they tried to get a stake in the ownership of Car 54 after the second season and when Nat Hiken told them to take a hike they cancelled the show. So it very may have been a deal where NBC bullied their way into an ownership stake in the color season. I believe that when Turner South aired Dr. Kildare in the 90s, it was only the 4 one-hour seasons and not season five. Interesting question if we ever get that far.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard V
I am all kinds of in on this one as soon as it is announced.

Yeah, I might get it...
Ah, who am I kidding! This update is worthy of a
Gary "I'll take it any way I can get it, but if they remaster this set I'll be doubly happy" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
WBA link is here

25u448i.jpg
2czbhut.jpg
2czbhut.jpg

Early Christmas party for Gary
2hcfam8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks