What's new

Double Indemnity / Touch of Evil Blu-rays - 4/15 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Double Indemnity
1 Hour 48 MinutesVIDEO RATING: Not RatedDISC TYPE: BD-50 (Single Sided)LAYERS: Single AUDIO: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 MonoSpanish DTS Digital Surround 2.0 MonoSUBTITLES: English SDHFrenchSpanishBLACK & WHITEBONUS MATERIALS : • Digital Copy of Double Indemnity (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)• Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)• Introduction by Robert Osborne• Shadows of Suspense• Double Indemnity (1973) TV Movie• Theatrical Trailer• Commentary with Film Historian Richard Schickel• Commentary with Film Historian/Screenwriter Lem Dobbs and Film Historian Nick Redman
Touch of Evil
RUN TIME: 1 Hour 51 MinutesVIDEO RATING: PG-13DISC TYPE: BD-50 (Single Sided)LAYERS: SingleAUDIO: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 MonoSUBTITLES: English SDHFrenchSpanishBLACK & WHITEBONUS MATERIALS : • Digital Copy of Touch of Evil• Includes UltraViolet• Bringing Evil to Life• Evil Lost and Found• Theatrical Trailer• Reconstructed Version Commentary with Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh, and Reconstruction Producer Rick Schmidlin• Reconstructed Version Commentary with Reconstruction Producer Rick SchmidlinDisc 1 (Side A) (Feature 2)RUN TIME: 1 Hour 36 MinutesVIDEO RATING: Not RatedAUDIO: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 MonoSUBTITLES: English SDHSpanishFrenchBLACK & WHITEBONUS MATERIALS : • Theatrical Version Commentary with Writer/Filmmaker F.X. FeeneyDisc 1 (Side A) (Feature 3)RUN TIME: 1 Hour 49 MinutesVIDEO RATING: Not RatedAUDIO: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 MonoSUBTITLES: English SDHSpanishFrenchBLACK & WHITEBONUS MATERIALS : • Preview Version Commentary with Orson Welles Historians Jonathan Rosenbaum and James Naremore

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
questions about Touch of Evil , are running in my head, as per wellesnet a new print of the reconstruction was struck from the original camera negatives for the upcoming TCM festival, fingers are crossed on this, as I want both of these to be stellar releases, think To kill a Mockingbird..... and not Spartacus

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I have ordered the Blu Ray of "The Lady From Shanghai" from TCM. Now I do not have the release but I am concerned about the reports coming through of a lower than stellar release despite the fact that it has undergone a restoration/remaster. If the reports are true, then I sincerely hope that the same does not become true of these two titles in which case I will order the titles from England.

Regards,

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm confused by what this might meanDISC TYPE: BD-50 (Single Sided)LAYERS: Single

I was under the impression that single-layer Blu-Rays were called BD-25.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I will be waiting on these.

Why? For comparison with the Masters of Cinema editions of both films. Universal....can get kinda weird with its blu-rays yet can also deliver stellar product when it has a mind to

Also, there's the possibility that all 3 features versions of Touch of Evil won't be in HD, though I don't think that will be the case here.

Classicflix has the price of each at $29.99. Steep for Double Indemnity, but a good price for Touch of Evil, assuming that it's on two blu-ray discs like the MoC edition.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
91GbMih8JKL._SL1500_.jpg

91sAXDekSQL._SL1500_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Odd thing about this new release of Touch of Evil is that it's only 1 blu-ray disc according to the Amazon.com pre-order page. The MoC release seemingly required 2.

I'm definitely pre-ordering Double Indemnity. I already have the MoC release of TOE, so I await the final verdict on that one.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Touch of Evil looks just like the DVD packaging, including the nice booklet of Welles' notes. The 1080p upgrade should be a huge improvement.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
JoHud said:
Odd thing about this new release of Touch of Evil is that it's only 1 blu-ray disc according to the Amazon.com pre-order page. The MoC release seemingly required 2.
MOC has 5 versions of the film when the open matte versions are taken into account.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Brandon Conway said:
MOC has 5 versions of the film when the open matte versions are taken into account.
Not sure about being able to properly fit the 3 versions of the film that were included in the DVD set and the extras on one BD.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
316 minutes in HD would indeed be a stretch (that's 5 hrs 16 mins). Some modern TV shows have done that, though. My guess is that there's some seamless branching involved.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
They should fit everything on one disc. The MoC fit both the 4x3 and 1.85:1 theatrical cut and 1.85:1 preview cut on one disc, with the 4x3 and 1.85:1 reconstruction on the other. The reconstruction probably cannot be branched due to the more extensive work, but I recall the theatrical cut and preview cut only differing by about 15 minutes of added footage in the latter. If there's branching, that's only 3 1/2 hours of 1080p, plus about an hour of 480i content.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I have to believe these will be the exact duplicates of the UK releases, so there should be no need to purchase if one has those. They are very nice transfers.

However, it's more than a little astonishing that no one here has mentioned the most amusing thing about the two covers, and that would the the two words at the top: Limited Edition. :) Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks