What's new

Donna Reed Show Season 2 - May 5th (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Per Classicflix. I'm sure Gord and Dave will confirm this soon.

Gary "another great classic series continuation coming soon" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Oh, I forgot to add something to my initial post. I know a certain person in Texas who will be jumping for joy over this announcement!

htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Gary "I'll give his initials - Jeff Willis" O. ;)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

You better believe it
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
This one's been a complete blind-buy with the S1 set and it's turned out to be one of the best ones I've seen. Great news!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Wow! Don't tell me Jeff and I are the only two people on the board excited about this news?!!

Gary "we knew this was coming, but it's still nice to get official verification and a release date" O.

mrmike898

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Wagner
Count me in for one ticket on the Excited Train! May is looking like quite the pleasantly overwhelming month with Donna Reed Show Season 2, the final season of That Girl and the complete series of The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Welcome to the club, Michael.

Still can't believe more people aren't excited about this. Perhaps some of our regulars (Vintage fan regulars, I mean) just haven't been around the last couple of days. But this is great news that should make any 50's TV fan very happy. The Donna Reed Show was a classic!

Gary "hope AAA can keep this series coming" O.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I certainly qualify as one of the "vintage fan regulars." It's just that Donna Reed wasn't one of my all-time favorites. I'm excited about this, but it's a kind of quiet excitement, not the kind where I do cartwheels down the sidewalk.

When it comes to Screen Gems series, I was hoping more for "Dennis the Menace" and the rest of "Hazel," but I do share your happiness that we're getting more Donna Reed; it's just that I'm merely happy, not ecstatic.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the heads up on this, Gary! Donna's fans will be quite happy. I remember watching this series on Nick @ Nite and enjoying it quite a bit. Well, enjoying Shelley Fabares anyway
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Perhaps the subdued reaction is simply a reflection of a lousy economy preventing many consumers from getting releases they normally would buy in addition to the fact that consumers have gotten gun shy about buying classic releases until the extent of modifications (syndication prints, music changes, etc.) becomes known. When dealing with these independent labels the issue of print quality also becomes a concern.

At any rate it is good to see this vintage series getting an additional release.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Good points, Steve about the slowdown of posts on this one. I have to start watching TV/DVD buys like most everyone else these days.

If the print Q matches the S1's, I'll be happy.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I think this was one title I already took for granted getting it's next release because of the insert in the S1 packaging, so that's why the impact of this news isn't as great as it would have without the earlier promise that S2 was going to be a definite go.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
He's not the only Texan jumping for joy right now!

I'm over the moon about this one. Am loving the heck out of having season one and this is very good news for me!!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Hello from Dallas
This show has really been a great blind-buy for me. I rank this one way up on my sitcom list. I remember reading your posts during the early days of the Donna Reed threads and thinking "Is this really as good as Elena says?" I have to say, YES :D

The show reminds me of my older sister and me when we were growing up. We NEVER argued :laugh: I remember sis was an early Beatles fanatic and I hated the Beatles :laugh: I "wised up" a couple of years later and became a fan but only of the early Beatles tunes.

Watching this show reminds me of the role that Donna Reed played in "From Here to Eternity" ('53) which is one of my all-time favorite 50's movies. She had many great roles, "It's a Wonderful Life", Green Dolphin St"....

John_S

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in the enthusiastic group--- I thoroughly enjoyed Season One and will definitely be buying this.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
My thinking was similar to Jack's, I thought Season 2 was already a go. Now watch my enthusiasm when they announce season 3!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

It was, and I knew that too. But I never take anything for granted at this stage when it comes to the dvd market. There have been an awful lot of unofficial announcements, even from the studios themselves, that have never come to fruition.

Gary "I agree that an announcement for Season 3 will be a bigger deal" O.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
I will be glad when Amazon has this up for pre-order. It has FKB Season 3, but not this yet.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great news on this, I am pre-ordering this one. But bring on Dennis the Menace too!

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Count me as enthused. True, I have the first two seasons on videotape from old Nick-and-Night recordings (which are now over twenty years old, yipe!), but I haven't viewed them in eons, and this upgrade will be extremely welcome. I'll probably be inclined to show even more enthusiasm towards any season-3 and beyond releases, as those episodes I entirely lack.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Ughhh...

Looks like we have a significant push back on the release date, according to Gord & Dave's site. 2 and 1/2 months worth of a push back. The new date for this second season set is now July 21st. Wow! That's a tad depressing, and I hope it's not bad news for the series overall.

Gary "as long as it eventually gets to us I guess it's ok" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks