What's new

Donations now to go to relief and support efforts (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ron and I have received more than enough in donations to go towards the server and then some. We would like the forum as a whole to continue your donations but to direct them to either the Red Cross, who we have added on the main page of the forum, or any organization that you wish to direct your financial support, towards relief and support efforts for those in need in our time of national tragedy.
Again, we thank you all of your for your fantastic support of this forum. We cannot in good conscience continue to collect monies from the forum membership towards this site when these same funds can be better utilized for those in such great need.
Thanks again to one and all.
Parker Clack
Ronald Epsteinn

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Parker, you are indeed a class act!
icon14.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Thanks so much for the American Red Cross link and the American flag.
This forum is simply the best.
icon14.gif

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for the Red Cross link. I clicked it to make a donation, but when I got to their donation form, it just hanged (after several tries) and eventually gave a connect error. I'm hoping the reason is that they are being flooded with donations. I went to amazon.com's Red Cross donation page and since they already have my credit card info, I was able to make my donation with about three clicks in less than 30 seconds. Amazon.com's collections alone are over $4 million and counting. Thanks again!
Tom

Steve T

Stunt Coordinator
It's difficult to find the words to express how awesome this forum is, and the moderators that run it. It is a pleasure to be part of it.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm not sure that the American flag alone is the true symbol that should be represented here, as the US is not alone in this disaster. Americans have the thoughts of the entire free and civilised world with them at this time.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure that the American flag alone is the true symbol that should be represented here, as the US is not alone in this disaster. Americans have the thoughts of the entire free and civilised world with them at this time.
I agree, however, America was the target. And, thankfully, it would be impossible to put up the flag of every nation standing by our side :)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Good move, Parker. I made a donation last night.
If you have trouble getting into Red Cross's site, you can go to PayPal and they have a link on their main page to make a donation to the PayPal disaster fund. If you're already a member, you can do it in a matter of seconds. If not, you can sign up easily enough, or go to Amazon and do it from there.
KJP

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Parker, my donation to HTF was posted on Tuesday in Japan before the tragic incident. The envelop with the check was returned on Thursday by the post office marked "Air Mail Service to U.S. suspended." Are you saying that it is recommended to re-direct to the red Cross?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Roger:
Please send your donation that you sent in for the server to any organization that you wish to for support and relief efforts on going instead.
All:
I have noticed that PayPal along with Link Removed has started a support link that allows you to make a donation. Both will redirect ALL monies to the Red Cross relief efforts that are on going. If you are having trouble with the Red Cross site these are other sites that you can use to make a donation. Use what ever site you to make any donation that you can. They can use all of the help they can get.
Parker

Fredrik E

Stunt Coordinator
I was going to send some money for both the HTF server and to the Relief Fund of the American Red Cross, but I understand that the forum owners want all the money to go to the victims of the U.S disaster from now on,
So I just sent my $25 to the National Disaster Relief Fund of the American Red Cross via PayPal.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Ron and Parker,
Thank you for doing this - my earlier suggestion to use some of the money previously donated for the server as a donation was really impractical. This is a much better solution.
------------------
Marianne
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here,
this is the War Room Home Theater Forum!"

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Marianne:
Thanks for the suggestion in the first place. It is one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time and I believe that we can all make a difference in helping out a little bit at a time.
Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks