What's new

Dollhouse - season 2 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This episode was the first one that really felt rushed. I think it could have stood to be stretched out over two or three episodes. As it stood in this episode, it just seemed way too easy to break into the heart of the Rossum Corporation. That being said, I loved the ending. The good guys think they've won in an oddly abrupt and anti-climactic fashion. As the "now what?" feeling lingers in the air, we jump forward to learn that the end of the world happened anyway. And thanks to them, no vaccine exists to reverse it.

Is "Epitaph Two" airing next week or two weeks from now? All of the listings have it for next Friday, but the promo said "In two weeks...". If they are holding it for two weeks, hopefully they'll air "Epitaph One" next Friday so that everyone can be caught up for the finale.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

If they are holding it for two weeks, hopefully they'll air "Epitaph One" next Friday so that everyone can be caught up for the finale.
I was thinking that too but it seems likely that they would have said that that episode was airing. My guess is that they'll rerun Human Target and Bones or House.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Next Friday night, all the networks are airing the Telethon for the Haitian earthquake victims, so that's why the last Dollhouse episode won't air until 2 Fridays from now.

Anyone remember if Boyd was ever within 50 feet of the doll-gun that Topher rigged up a few episodes ago so he should have been affected when it was used to incapacitate dolls.
Victopher is always good for a laugh or two.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Topher didn't use the anti-doll gun device on Boyd.
He used the device (new) that he had just figured out in the other lab, that allows him to wipe and reprogram people, even non-dolls.. the one that Boyd was so happy to see him figure out...

That's how they reprogrammed him on the spot to make him a doll.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Next Friday night, all the networks are airing the Telethon for the Haitian earthquake victims, so that's why the last Dollhouse episode won't air until 2 Fridays from now.

Okay, that makes sense. I hadn't heard they were doing one for Haiti when I posted the first time.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Crap, that was good.

Fox, you can use that as a pull-quote for your Season 2 packaging. :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hated the arc for Bennett. Would have been far more satisfied if Paul was the mole.

Took my favourite character and threw him in the wood chipper. Blah!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma Bennett was only in three episodes, and was very definitely a "her". I'm assuming you meant Boyd. The revelation didn't sit great with me either, but looking back the clues were certainly planted.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

.... And thanks to them, no vaccine exists to reverse it.
Of course they were only going to use the vaccine on selected people so there would be a Master race and a Slave race. I'm guessing that was the situation in "Epitaph 1" with Master against Master using slave armies.

Originally Posted by mattCR ...He used the device (new) that he had just figured out in the other lab, that allows him to wipe and reprogram people, even non-dolls.. the one that Boyd was so happy to see him figure out...

That's how they reprogrammed him on the spot to make him a doll.
And there is no backup "Wedge" containing the original memories and personality so restoration would be a problem.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve Berger

Of course they were only going to use the vaccine on selected people so there would be a Master race and a Slave race. I'm guessing that was the situation in "Epitaph 1" with Master against Master using slave armies.
I'm not saying they should have just gone along with Boyd's plan. But considering that Boyd had no intention of killing Echo in order to get the genetic material for a vaccine, it might not have hurt to let a couple vaccine batches get made before taking off.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Of course, now that they know that a vaccine is possible, maybe the "good guys" can make it and dump it into the water supply. (maybe even make it contagious)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'll watch it out of a sense of completionism but last week's episode really let the air out of the balloon for me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, I'm okay how it all went down to the very end for this show. Had it been given more seasons, it might become truly too convoluted to be enjoyed on a weekly basis, so having to get through with broader strokes made for a better maxi-series in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks