What's new

Dog Claws on leather Seating (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Todd
Hello all,
We are shopping for home theater seating and most everything is leather. We are concerned out little dogs who sit with us might scratch the leather. It is real leather not sure how high the grade is, I will research that too.
Any feedback on experiences with this?
thanks,
Todd

Real Name
Tim
Even high grades of leather will scatch easily. Probably easier than a leather polyester vinyl blend does. Your best bet would be to lay down a towel or blanket where the dogs sit or to make sure you keep their nails trimmed and filed. We have a leather vinyl blend LazBoy in our living room thats about 10 years old and my rotiweiler is always snuggling up on it. I keep his nails trimmed and we don't have any scratches or holes yet so you be safe if you use precautions.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That, or get booties for your dogs...
I have a Taurus SHO from 1989 with full leather. Everytime my dogs ride along(which is often)...they wear booties. Even the 110 pound Bull Terrier/Lab...

Real Name
Tim
Dude SHO's are so sweet, I had a 91? Black with black interior, and my '97 Saab 9000 Aero. Ultimate sleepers, smoked little Jap cars at the drags all day long. But yes either booties or towels is the best method of protection your seating from dogs, applies for children too. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks