What's new

Doesn't DC have any "Movie" quality heroes than just Batman & Superman? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I don't see any chance of Captain America being made anytime soon.

The writers of Superman changed the iconic line, not just to court international viewers, but to "make a point" and not step on toes. How would a Captain America movie fare? He's probably Marvel's second best character (behind Spidey), and their best for great storylines, but Hollywood doesn't have that skill. Too much external baggage around.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I actually think Daredevil could have been just as good as Spidey if done right, which it obviously wasn't.

But this is a DC thread, so let's try to keep it that way.:)

Thinking of the lesser known DC characters, how about The Atom (Ray Palmer)?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
ain't moore's material released under Vertigo... which is related to dc/spinoff? somn like that. very vague.

PS V4V&Watchmen both have mystery/detective elements as well =).

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
As far as DC-owned characters go, I'd personally like to see Warner release a well-done PLASTIC MAN movie, provided it was done in the wild, cartoony spirit of the character's creator, Jack Cole, and set in the 1940s. If it were done as a live-action film, it'd be perfect material for either Sam Raimi or the Coen Bros to have fun with. If done as an animated film, Brad Bird's the man for the job.

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator

Well it is great to see that the WB already has potential future plans to ruin the first Green Lantern movie.

Honestly, I think Samuel L. Jackson would make a great John Stewart. I am not sure who they could find to play Hal Jordan, but I hope it would be an actor who has had previous acting experience.

For once, I wish they could find someone who really has a passion to bring a good quick action pack 90 minute super hero movie to the screen, with little to no romantic sub-plot that bogs the movie down.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I won't say too much, as it's not the point of this thread, but they really should have just left the line out completely. As it is, it plays like an intentional slap. Totally unnecessary.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Ah, the joys of the once a decade reboot... I haven't read anything new from DC since the last issue of the previous Flash series came out in the winter. I shudder to think what that new series is going to be like. Ironically, it's written by Paul DeMeo and Danny Bilson, the duo behind the TV show, which like JoSAN suggested, blended the various Flashes into one character and worked fairly well.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've always been a Marvel reader, but I try DC issue ones every once in a while. I tried Doom Patrol #1 in the late '80s. No idea what was going on. Green Lantern #1 in the early '90s (the series where he eventually became Parallax). No idea. I reread that one recently, and it did make a little more sense--probably thanks to a crash course in GL history at Wikipedia. I can generally only make heads or tails of Superman and Batman, though. Never could keep up with all the reboots and recasting of major characters. Unfortunately, in my absence from Marvel, I believe they've started doing much the same thing.

Anyway, don't forget Steel in the list of DC comics adaptations. I know you probably want to forget.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

10 years ago, I'd gone with Bruce Campbell as Hal Jordan (but Campbell's getting up there in age).

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Hulk was extremely faithful to the character of Banner and Hulk. It's probably the most faithful.

Universal made the mistake of marketing the film as "the coming of a new hero." Hulk ain't no hero.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
George Eads from CSI might have made a good Hal Jordan...One problem. He is 37. Which cuts down sequel ability. Since Hal is not in his 40's when he gets the ring.

Hey, you all forgot another DC hero who made it to the big screen.....

STEEL!

What is sad is that Steel could have been made well and worked...even with Shaq. But, they ruined it. And that surprised me since Shaq is a Supes fan and should have put the hammer down and said something. ;)

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator

I think in some roles, it would be smart to cast an actor who matches the age the character would have to be to hold an important position, or job title. For example, with Superman Returns you would be lead to believe that the two leads were hired as lead reporters at the Daily Planet while in thier teens, with the only previous working experience on their resumes being they worked on the high school newspaper.

Although, in the case of casting for a Green Lantern movie, a test pilot would actually probably be in his mid, to upper 20's.

Eric F

Screenwriter
In the DCU, John Henry Irons (aka: Steel) is a rocket scientist. Shaq ain't no rocket scientist.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks