Does YOUNG LUST truly exist?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Louis Letizia, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia Supporting Actor

Throughout the years of engulfing many a review book...scanned many a microfiche there have been a few movies from major studios of which I questioned if they were real.
    THE AMERICAN SNITCH...never reviewed anywhere...no listing in varietys boxiffice reports has suddenly bowed o. Netflix instant leading into a MGM MOD. Ive always seen this when Variety used to list upcoming movies studio by studio ( I loved that)...but did anyone ever see thus anywhere prior?
    HOUSE OF GOD: This is a little more real as it was reviewed I nMaltins guide...but never sawxit advertised or released prior to its Netflix debut. Has anyone?
    RETUDN TO THE RIVER KWAI: had a big build up but I never saw it released here or shown on television despite it being listed.
    DREAM ONE: Ditto
    WHERE IS PARSIFAL? was supposed to be TriStars maiden release bug ive yet to see it anywhere.
    YOUNG LUST: My holy grail of finding out. A Paramount release starring Fran Drescher fromnthe early 80s...but despite an IMDB listing ive never seen it reviewed or shown anywhere

2. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Cinematographer

HOUSE OF GOD played cable.
    RETURN FROM THE RIVER KWAI (correct title) was shown in Hong Kong when I lived there; there is an R2 DVD.
    DREAM ONE seems to be a retitling of NEMO (84).
    Apparently no complete print of PARSIFAL, a Salkind vanity release written by and starring Alexander's wife, exists.
    Gary Weis has a website; why not contact him and ask about YOUNG LUST, which really does seem to be MIA.
    This is fun...

3. Brent Riley

Brent Riley Auditioning

I know this thread is old and you may already have an answer but I have been trying to figure out Young Lust as well. The movie was shot some time in 1981 and was set for release around US summer of 1982. The MPAA rated the film R in 1982. Variety reported in July 1982 the film was in limbo due to a lawsuit (no further details)

Variety speaks of the film again in March 1984, but only to say it still hadn't been released. I wonder if it ever was. Apparently Paramount shelved quite a few films made around 1981. I know the 1980 US box office was flat and wonder if many of these suffered as a result.

4. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

You've got me very intrigued. This would have been the just-departed Robert Stigwood's follow-up to STAYING ALIVE, but perhaps the failure of that movie made Paramount cool on it. And it's an early writing credit for Bruce Wagner, who wrote the David Cronenberg film MAPS TO THE STARS. Cool cast too.

Apparently, they got as far as commissioning a poster for it:

http://www.illustration-house.com/exhib/a43/a43pages/a43_037.html

5. Worth

Worth Screenwriter

Nick Dobbs
    Although it's perceived as such, Staying Alive wasn't a flop, at least financially. It made $65 million in north America and was the eighth highest-grossing film of 1983.

6. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter