What's new

does this sound like a rptv or cable problem... (1 Viewer)

Hello all, I am looking for a some help on this - a couple of weeks ago I purchased a 46” Sony KP46WT500 RPTV. I have it hooked up to a DVR cable box from Time Warner. I get the basic cable, digital cable, and showtime movie channels. I have noticed that when I am watching one of the showtime channels the screen”freezes” periodically for a second or 2. It happens about once per hour. The audio portion is ok but the video feed “freezes” and will distort until it corrects itself a short time later. I have only noticed this on the pay movie channels so far, not on any of the other ones. Could it be a problem with the tv itself or mabye the cable signal? I am concerned that it might be the tv but since it only happens on the movie channels maybe it’s the cable signal? Anybody else ever had this happen?

Clark F

Agent
I have Comcast Digital and it has happened from time to time since I got digital. It is not always on pay channels and it also occurred on my direct view TV. I have also had the STB lock up and had to unplug it to get it to work. I assume it is the Comcast feed or the STB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks