What's new

Does the 3802 have a fan? (1 Viewer)

Dom H

Agent
Also I have the 3802 in a unit with 10cm(4in) clearence above, open front and rear and 1cm each side, is this adequate? I have measured the temp on top of the receiver at 31.6c.

Thanks

Dom.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Dom: Yes, the 3802 does have a fan in it. I verified this with Denon a while back. It only runs when the temperature inside the unit gets to a certain point (exactly what temp, I don't know.)

As for your clearance, I think you're fine. There are some vents on the left side (as you face the front of the unit.) I'd just make sure those aren't blocked off completely.

Richard_M

Second Unit
Apparently, it is located on the heat sink toward the front of the unit.

The chap from Denon in Australia told me it kicks in at about 70Deg C.

Dom H

Agent
70Deg C :eek:
While I'm here, does anyone think the gold fascia is particularly prone to niks and scratches? I have only had mine a week or two and I think my watch has marked the fascia on top.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I almost never touch my 3802. Thank god for remote controls!!!
(Besides, I can't afford gold. Mine is basic black. ;) )

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
i was wondering does my denon 2802 have a fan? It doesnt really make a difference cause the receiver stays quite cool. A huge improvement over my JVC.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
This is good to know. Anytime that I touch the top of my 3802 after a movie it feels warm but not too hot that I can't touch it, so I guess I have never activated my fan before. Now adding an external 5ch amp I doubt the receiver will ever become hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks