What's new

Does Ron-P's Signature make you want to have a cold one every time you see it? (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Mmmmmmmmmmm............foamy...
yum.gif

------------------
My DVD Collection Casa del Clint

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I'm having a cold one right now - a Coke!!
I agree, what brew is that RonP?
and David Lawson's pic makes me want to lie down under a bull's ass... :)
------------------
McPaul.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
My guess is Okanagan Spring Pale Ale, one of the few beers that I actually don't mind drinking on occasion.
Dave

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Good guess David. I'm actually surprised that since your from B.C. you didn't say "Lucky" beer. Try bringing a 24 of that back on Westjet to Edmonton in your carry-on bag(a big no-no!)
Looks more like Saltspring Island Ale to me!
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
The Beer (if I remember correctly) is a Belk's ESB (Extra Special Bitter Ale). A good one, no doubt. The Beer I'm enjoying on my Green Room page is a Widmer Bros. Hefeweizen.
If some of you guys lived here locally, O.C., CA. I'd love to take you to my favorite local brewery in Irvine, Steelhead. Simply one of the best I.P.A.s and Hefeweizens around, and of course my favorite beer, the Steerhead Extra Stout.
Beer, it's whats for dinner.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Oooh Ron, our company has an office in Irvine. If I'm ever in the area, I'll have to consult you on where to enjoy a **ahem** adult beverage. And the answer to the question is yes, I want a beer right now but I'm at work. Well, maybe time to cut out a little early.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Man, myself included, there seems to be quite a few Tom's who enjoy a fine beer now and again (and again).
In my area, Syracuse NY, there is a great pub called the "Empire Brewing Company" which has this awesome little bar downtown where they brew their own stuff (and thats all they sell). If you are ever in the area, check it out. I always thought that THEY had the best Hefeweisen....mmmm, good stuff. They always have one of their brews as the "$2 pint of the day." Hmmm, only 2.5 more months till I can enjoy it again....
yum.gif

TimG

Second Unit
Well, I am not a Tom, but is Tim close enough? You guys really ought to try brewing your own some time. Nothing like the satisfaction of throwing back some cold ones of your own creation. Especially when you brew in 5 gallon batches.
yum.gif
As far as Hefeweizen, I don't think you can beat Paulaner, they also make an excellent Octoberfest.
Tim
(Life is too short to drink cheap beer.)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
This post inspired me to visit the Brickskeller for dinner. Anyone who likes beer and comes to Washington, DC, MUST visit the Brickskeller. They have the world's largest selection of beer:
--NOT counting our vintage collections, special purchases and discontinued beers, which would raise the number of DIFFERENT beers in house by at least another hundred, we now have WELL over ELEVEN HUNDRED beers on our menu. Some bars and stores like to pad their total number by counting PACKAGES, as if 12oz, 16oz and 32oz Coors are different beers. We do NOT do that here at the Brick, we only count recipes.--
http://www.thebrickskeller.com/_wsn/page3.html
Last night I had the salmon with a McAUSLAN St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout from Canada. I also had a HEROLD Bohemian Pilsner from the Czech Republic. Both were quite good.
Cheers,
Chris

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Very much so. And I don't even drink. Even more odd, when I'm especially parched and see the sig, I can almost taste the cold, frothy beer and feel the carbonation dance across the tip of my tongue.
Hmmm,...why is it that I don't drink beer?
------------------
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Chris, I can't believe you mentioned the Bricksellar. I was in DC a couple of years back and one of the locals from our office in Virginia took us there. The only problem was figuring out which brewskie to order.
confused.gif

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Tim, I see that we are nearly neighbors. I live in HB and there is a Steelhead Brewery in Irvine, directly across from UCI. You must go, heck I'll meet you there sometime. I've already got plans to join a few other freinds next Friday and you are more than welcome to join.
I am enjoying a nice Sierra Nevada Pale Ale right now.
Check out the Favorites page I added to my Green Room website.....
laugh.gif

Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon
[Edited last by Ron-P on November 16, 2001 at 09:32 PM]

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Michael Hein,
Good guess David. I'm actually surprised that since your from B.C. you didn't say "Lucky" beer. Try bringing a 24 of that back on Westjet to Edmonton in your carry-on bag(a big no-no!)
Lucky?!?!...Never tried it...isn't it the cheap stuff? Hi Test or Extra Old Stock was pretty popular years ago...almost 6 percent alcohol I think. About 10 years ago, I recall that the one beer that Albertans couldn't get was Kokanee from the Kootenays....not sure if that's still the case now.
So, what did Westjet do? Confiscate it? Did you have to drink it all on the spot?
wink.gif

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
I am enjoying a nice Sierra Nevada Pale Ale right now.
A definitive American Pale Ale.
Just since waking up this morning, I have perused this thread as well as the dark beers and Triple Bock threads, and now I'm going to end up going to Wine and Beer of Carytown and blowing a huge wad of dough on stout and ale.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
The truth is David we can get Kokanee in Alberta and its VERY popular here. After years of drinking Molson Canadian I find myself ordering the Kokanee now. I have a friend that works in LaBatts brewery here in town and interestingly the "real BC kokanee" that we could get here only came in the bottles. The beer in the cans was brewed here, in town. So in this respect it isn't the same. Shakey also said (his nickname-go figure) that this has since changed and here in Alberta both bottles and cans are Kokanee from BC.

The Westjet story is true. I tried bringing a 24 of Lucky beer from BC and had no room in my backpack after spending a week hiking through the Gulf Islands and Victoria/Campbell River. The lady behind the counter said I was allowed 5 liters of beer to bring on board, which she figured out as 15 cans. I had 9 cans to dispose of in an hour before the flight left so I *suggested* to her that I could drink them and she laughed. So instead I sold a 6 pack to the baggage handler for 5 bucks and actually took 18 beer on instead of 15. Me the big rebel :bg:

Lucky is cheap beer and is mocked by "real beer drinkers". I love it and when I go to BC I always bring some home with me. Theres quite a black market for Lucky beer here in Alberta you know. Apparantly not all parts of BC get it. Perhaps your in one of these grey zones. I highly recommend you try to find some!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks