Does Fox own their 1930s releases?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by LarryDavenport, Mar 15, 2009.

1. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I want to write a letter requesting that the film "Three Women" with Janet Gaynor, Lorreta Young, and Simone Simon be released on DVD. The Imdb says that it was originally released by 20th Century Fox. Before I write a letter I want to make sure they still own it.

I am hoping they will release a "Pre-Code" box set like TCM and Universal have.

2. Simon Howson

Simon Howson Screenwriter

They've released a lot of their 1930s films, for example those in the Ford at Fox box. I've never heard that they don't own Three Women, so why not ask them in the letter? At worst they'll reply saying they don't own it, but my guess is they do.

3. LarryDavenport

Do you by chance have a contact address?

4. Simon Howson

Simon Howson Screenwriter

5. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

The correct title of the Young-Simone-Gaynor film is LADIES IN LOVE. Its greatest distinction is that it was Tyrone Power's first Fox film and a clip from the film appears on a documentary on the GIRLS DORMITORY disc included in the second Volume of the Tyrone Power Collection. I would have assumed that it would have been included on the third volume of the Tyrone Power Fox films, but considering the economy and the shakeup at Fox Classics, sadly it's probably not going to happen.

Fox released a Robert Altman THREE WOMEN via Criterion, which needless-to-say is a very, very different sort of a movie.

6. LarryDavenport

Your right about the title. I don't know why I got that wrong.