What's new

Does Anyone Use A Label Maker For Their Wiring? (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
And if so, what do you use? I do HT installs, and we usually just write on the wire with a Sharpie marker, but I think a label maker would look much more professional.

The labeler would be used after the wire was pulled; I don't think any label would survive the wire pulling process...

I see ones from Dymo and Brother, and figured that a question here might keep me from getting the wrong one.

Thanks for any thoughts...

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I just use a simple Brother 'PTouch' model along with Radio Shack labels (catalog # 278-1616). If I am in a rush, I just use the labels and write on them but the label maker is much better and sometimes ink from hand written stuff will fade over time.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I 2nd the Brother.

I then wrap it with transparent tape so it stays on.

I have labels with sharpies from 5+ years ago that are almost completely faded. A waste of time using those things

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I found "ID Wrapz" at CompUSA which are pre-printed labels for the power cords. www.rubberband.com

Radio Shack sells "wire labels" with a white part to write on, and transparent tape to cover the ink to help reduce fading.

Don't have a special tool.

I use address labels and the appropriate Microsoft Word form for the brand/size of label.

I prepare custom labels for each job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks