What's new

Does anyone sell a wireless level controller for amps? (1 Viewer)

Tim Dogg

Agent
Im not sure if someone makes such a thing.I have a Samson amplifer which I use for my subwoofers.I am constantly getting up to turn it up or down because of different recording levels and different amounts of bass in recordings.
It would be nice if I had somthing that went inline of the input rcas to the amp which i would be able to control the levels via remote control,somthing that would be compatable with my Pronto 7000 remote would be even better.
Ive seen a couple of level controlers but nothing wireless.
Anyone have any sugestions?

Jim_F

Screenwriter
You say subs (2 total?) Maybe something like a Creek OBH-10 volume control with remote could go in before the amps. I use one between the 2-channel output on my DVP-S9000ES to the extra inputs on my amps in order to get a pure analog path for stereo SACD without using a more expensive preamp. I assume your Pronto can learn IR signals, so you could just teach it with the supplied remote, then put the Creek remote away. The Creek is maybe a bit expensive for what it is, but it's a nice little piece.

Hope this helps.

edit: I reread your question and noticed you were referring to using a single amp. The Creek could still work, but a stereo control might be a bit much for what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread