What's new

Does Anyone Know Anything About Tires? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I got a bad flat yesterday that needed to be replaced. The only place that was open today (Sunday) was Walmart. They didn't have Eagle GA tires that I normally get at Cadillac. Instead, they recommended I go with Michelin Symmetry all season tires at $70 a piece. So I said yes, and they replaced both my rear ties.
Does anyone know about these two types of tires? Did I get ripped off?
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Site
The At-Home Home Theater (E.L.)
The Dorm Room Theater (E.L.)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
That does not sound like a bad price for Michelin's.
I am not familiar with the Symmetry's but I would think if they are in the same class as the Eagle GA's, Then that is a good price.
Wal-Mart usually has competitive or lower prices on good tires.
Mixing 2 different brand tires on opposing axles(Michelins on the back, Goodyears on the front) is OK and you will be just fine, I do not recommend putting 2 different brands on the same axle because of the differing tread patterns.
But since your driving a Caddy why not just put Michelins all the way around, and be done with it?
If the 3 remaining Goodyears are in good shape, just advertise them and sell them, or save them and find a good GA, then you'll have a good back up set.
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I just got brand new Eagle GAs put on the front this August; probably less than 1,000 miles on em. The old GAs were moved to the back, and both of them were replaced with the Symmetry tires.
Come the day when I spend some cashola, I'll replace all four tires at once with a really nice tire model.
Thanks for replying, Sean
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Site
The At-Home Home Theater (E.L.)
The Dorm Room Theater (E.L.)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
The Michelin Symmetry has gotten excellent reviews at TireRack . If you're not sure about what to buy or how good a specific tire is, TireRack is a great place to look for consumer reviews. They're also a great place to buy tires and wheels from.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks