What's new

Does anyone have the 20" LCD Dell monitor? (1 Viewer)

ToddJ

Second Unit
Does anyone have this monitor? If so, how do you like it? I saw that the monitor has a contrast ratio of 400:1 and the 19" monitor has a 800:1 ratio. I have no idea how much difference that makes. Also, the 20" has 1600 x 1200 resolution and the 19" has a 1280" x 1024".

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I do not have the monitor myself, but Anandtech.com did a review of it. You can check it out here.

You could also do a search in the Anandtech forums. This LCD seems to be a pretty popular item over there.

-Keith

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
I have this monitor. We ordered 8 of them a while ago for a 2 day show, used them for about 8 hours each day, then we bought them for the rental difference. I can say, none of us at work have had a single issue with them. I love mine. The Anandtech review is very good as well.

Any questions concerning it, just ask. But the brightness and contrast ratio are perfect, I've had no issue with anything on it, even very fast FPS games.

T.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Own one as well, absolutely love mine, use it as my second TV even. I agree that it works like a champ for fps games.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I had a 2000fp, and now a 2001fp.

Absolutely love it. The extra resolution over the 1280 x 1024 models allows me to get my work done faster. Definitely worth the difference.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I don't have the 20 incher but have the 19 inch version and it is super clean. Ron has the 20 incher and he gave us his 19 inch version for the 20 inch.

Watch for deals on this monitor from Dell with GotApex on our Deals page or on the main portal page to the forum. I have turned several people on to this deal (which is often 20% off with free shipping.)

Bottom line. You can't go wrong with it.

Parker

StephenL

Second Unit
I have the Dell UltraSharp 2001FP. The screen size and resolution are good, but I wish the black level was better (like my Dell 1703FP).

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I use the new DELL - UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor. 1680x1050
20005FPW

I love it! I have been using the fantastic SGI 1600SW 17.3" wide screen @ 1600x1024 now for years.
This new Dell is great IF you can get one that does not suffer from some backlight bleed. When on sale you can get them for about $550 and sometimes under.

ToddJ

Second Unit
although I might post this in a separate thread, but has anyone seen any coupons for the 20" (non-widescreen) monitor? what is the cheapest you have seen it for?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Todd:

Keep an eye out on the Deals Page or the listing from Got Apex? on the main portal page to the forum. They often have them listed for 20%-25% with free shipping. Sometimes they even have an add on code for an additional discount.

Parker

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The 2001FP is three cubicles down from me (lucky SOB!). It's an absolutely beautiful monitor that, when coupled with coupons, can be had for under $600. I'm not sure at anything approaching that price it can be beat, period.

My whole office uses Dell LCD monitors (so around 30-40 monitors made within the last 2 years) and there are very, very few that have *any* dead pixels, and those that do have very few (like 1-3 and not clustered together so that it's annoying).

I'm also eyeing that 24" widescreen because of the component inputs (want to XBox and DVD watch on it as well as PC), so if those coupons ever apply towards it, I'm all over that!

ToddJ

Second Unit
so what is the cheapest anyone has seen this for? would it be a bad idea to buy a refurbished one from Dell?

ToddJ

Second Unit
Has anyone seen the 2001fp for under $500 in the last few days? I am really anxious to buy it (now that I have the money :) )

ToddJ

Second Unit
Does anyone have a phone number for Dell customer service where English is there primary language spoken? Every time I call or e-mail them I get someone from India whose english 'is not so much.'

liana

Agent
I have a 2001FP, and i love it. even for gaming, the response time is low enough that there is no ghosting on fps.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Todd, if you haven't done so already, ask for a manager (and keep on asking until you get one that understands what you're trying to say) and/or call before you go to work - early in the morning.

Glenn

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Keep an eye out for stackable coupons plus a Dell sale. Recently the 2001FP has been stuck at its retail MSRP while Dell cleared out 2005FPW (last week it was 35% off plus $90 stackable=sub $400) but the main reason I didn't pull the trigger was that I don't like the resolution of 1680x1050 (and I don't think my home video card supports it).

I too am waiting for the 2001FP to go on sale w/ stackable coupon again. If it gets anywhere near $400 I'm going to jump in and buy it. The one my work got me has sold me on its quality.

Kevin_Graham

Stunt Coordinator
I have an opportunity to buy a Dell 2005FPW for $400 brand new. I have stayed away from LCD monitors because they just haven't looked as nice as my 19" Sony CRT. It would be for web browsing and gaming (World of Warcraft). Any comments on performance comparisons to a CRT?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Black level is very important to me. Do other users of the 2001FP find that they cannot get black deep enough?

Thanks

If so, I just might stick even longer with my 19 inch Sony CRT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks