What's new

Does anyone have Crank? (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have read positive reviews of this movie and it's audio and sound quality. I noticed that it has a feature called family friendly audio that somehow blocks out the normal explicatives. Is this true and how does it work. I would watch the normal way but I also have kids and may want to take advantage of that feature should I need it.

Oh and while we're at it, post your thoughts on this title here too.

Thanks

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I have it and it's defintely the one of the best BD's out there PQ wise. Almost non stop 3-D and you can count every stubble on Statham's face and almost the individual threads on his hospital gown. Haven't checked out the expletive-free track yet, though.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Neil,
I have the disc, but haven't used that option. I'll do so tomorrow and report back to you, but the film isn't a good one besides the great PQ.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

The film features lots of drug use, sex in the middle of a street, nudity, and constant violence right from the first scene to the last scene. But what matters is you can turn off the swearing?

Joel Stein

Stunt Coordinator
Exactly, it's absurd. Just like the entire movie. It's there as a joke track, like the commentary on GALAXY QUEST that's in the alien language.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
After reading a review of this it's at the top of my Blockbuster Q for the A/V and Blu-ray features.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
If you just want the movie for PQ go for it, I thought the movie wasn't very good at all. I liked Transporter 1 & 2 however.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I have bought this but have not watched it yet.
Tell me it's Amy Smart and I watch it tonight!

PerryD

Supporting Actor

Sex yes, nudity no.

I agree about the family friendly track, it certainly does not make the movie anywhere near PG13. And it doesn't block the F-bombs dropped throughout the making of segments.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
I loved this movie as well.

I watched the "Family Friendly" audio track and it's basically the same as the audio they would use for a television broadcast, with the actor's voices saying "frickin" and things like that while their lips don't match.

Kind of odd combination with all the VISUAL gratuitious debauchery.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I didn't really care for the movie it all, but yes, the PQ is amazing. One of the most detailed pictures I've seen to date, and my TV is just 720p.

It's too bad, I like Jason Statham as an actor, but he really needs to pick some better movies to be in (I didn't like the Transporter movies either).

Brian

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I loved the Transporter movies. I didnt hate Crank, but i didnt like it either. How is that for my thoughts.

Real Name
Brian Timmermeister
I thought Crank was a really fun movie. It has a lot of over the top action and is funny in a VERY dark way. I think it's better if you view it as more of a comedy than an action movie.

Jason Stratham is a very likeable actor but The Transporter didn't do much for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks