What's new

Does anyone have any opinions on Infinity speakers/subs? (1 Viewer)

Jay_Kr

Auditioning
Specifically, I'm interested in either the Primus 360's, or the Beta 50's for floorstanders.

Also, the C360 center channel, and the PS12 subwoofer.

Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm just trying to make sure I spend my money wisely.

Any opinions on Klipsch would also be great.

Shannon S.

Stunt Coordinator
Infinity are nice speakers if they are in the price range for your budget. Of course you can spend a lot of money and get nicer speakers - the sky is the limmit. I would not match them with a "bright" receiver though. I really like their subwoofers for the money too.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
All of Harman stuff is good stuff. Revel, Infinity, and JBL. Just have to find what's right for you. :)

Personally, I don't like Klipsch. To me, their horn tweeter speakers are too bright and harsh.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The C360 center channel Beta speaker is a real workhorse. It performs very well with movies.

If you only intend on setting your speakers to small and the crossover to 80Hz, then why not consider bookshelf speakers? In this scenario, the Beta 20s pair well with the C360 center. Let the subwoofer handle the bass below 80Hz.

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
The Beta series uses better drivers than the Primus series.
So they should sound better. And all three versions of the 36 series center channel have "best-of-class" credentials. I admit to not having heard either the Primus or the Beta because I'm too busy listening to my own 2 sets of Infinitys (Overture 3s and IL60s).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks