What's new

Does anyone check out ? (1 Viewer)

StevenWillard

Auditioning
The used dvd stores, I got some great deals.
quantum leap season 2 - 16.99
farscape starburst vol 1 - 8.00
whats happening season 3(brand new)- 19.99
stargate season 6 - 29.99
white shadow season 1(one month before release)19.99
all in canadian dollars , so would quite abit less in u.s dollars.I'm just curious cause i dont read about anyone buying from a used place,mainly I read about online purchases which is cool just a bit pricey sometimes,(now keep in my mind that the condition of the disks are damn near mint cause they wouldnt buy it too sell it if they werent).

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
I do. There is a pawn shop near my office, and I'll stop in to check their inventory probably once a week. They turn over very quickly, and it's a fun way to see stuff that looks interesting. It's less expensive than renting, and I can usually sell something I don't want to keep on ebay and come out about even.

Matt

StevenWillard

Auditioning
Thats a good thing you mentioned about selling the things you dont want anymore.Sometimes my friends will say why do you buy dvd's? or whatever and ill tell em when im done , if I dont want to keep it in the collection i'll just sell it(to a local used dvd place) and get back what i paid for it (or pretty darn close to what i paid) so when its all said and done i would have watched it for free for like 5 bucks.For example i went into FUTURE SHOP on boxing day and got BUCK ROGERS the complete series for $19.99 canadian(I had to give the box a double and triple look to make sure it wasnt $79.99 lol)but no it was 19.99.It's been awhile since I seen this show but used to love it, so i figure if i didnt like it like i did before then ill just sell and get back alot more then what i paid for it.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I know I do. Nearly HALF of my collection was purchased used. It is a much cheaper way to aquire a nice collection. You get the same product in the end, just for a lot less money. Just a few days ago I was in Future Shop, they had the Alien Quadrilogy still going at around $109.99. I bought it used, with all nine discs in MINT condition, for $49.99.

For anyone here in southern Ontario Canada, make sure to check out the chain of stores called Beat Goes On. They even have a web site set up at http://www.beatgoeson.com where you can search the inventory of all their stores. I also frequently check out a chain of video game stores called Microplay, because many of them have a used DVD section and they frequently have KILLER deals. I got the Shrek two-disc edition from there for $4.99.

StevenWillard

Auditioning
Ive been to a beat goes on store in ajax.ontario.Great store, they had buy 2 get 1 free thing going too but i didnt have my wallet with me cause i didnt expect a good store like that to be in ajax lol.If i had my wallet though i might have gone broke haha im not good at refusing good dvd deals ......

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I haven't found a lot of great TV deals used, but I buy almost all of my new release DVDs used from Blockbuster these days for about 12 bucks a couple months after they're released. I think the only TV I managed to get used is one of the Sopranos seasons at a store in Toronto for about $20 less than the list price.

I'm prety sure you don't see more used DVD discussion going on here because it's a lot more regional than new stuff. Amazon has the same price for everyone, but the local used place is...well..local :)

StevenWillard

Auditioning
thats true , it is local.I live in toronto and there are tons of used places but maybe in more rural areas there hard to come by.Ebay is great option as well, or maybe the only option for some.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks