What's new

Doctor Who Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
The BBC has announced the launch date of series 4 (or season 30, depending on how you count) as April 5th, with the Sci-fi channel starting the show on the 28th (well, technicly the week after that, since the 28th is the Voyage of the Dammned.)

LINKY

And - this weekend they're putting up the theatrical trailer on television for all to see (and it'll be on youtube with seconds after that :) )

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Finally!
Very anxious for Season 4
Even though I'm not wild about the new companion, Donna coming back.
Much rather have Sally Sparrow.

I'll be there right on April 5th

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I had no problems with Donna In Fact it would be nice to have a whole season with a companion that does'nt go all Moony eyed over the Doc.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
She left the Doctor at the end of last season.
She appeared in a few episodes of the latest series of Torchwood, in which it was revealed that she is now working as a medical officer for UNIT.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Have any of you seen the OFFICIAL season 4 trailer.
YIKES.
They better not be teasing us and showing us old footage for the hell of it.

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Here is a bit more news on the 4th Dr. Who series from the BBC:

Catherine Tate accepts proposal to star in fourth series.

Catherine Tate is set to return to the TARDIS for the complete 13 week run of Series Four of Doctor Who.

Award winning comedian Tate will reprise her role as Donna, the runaway bride from last year's Christmas special, despite turning down the Doctor's invitation to travel with him at the end of that adventure.

When Catherine was asked if she would like to become The Doctor's new companion at the press screening of The Runaway Bride, she replied, "I would love to, but no one has asked!" Well, now they have.

"Catherine was an absolute star in The Runaway Bride and we are delighted that one of Britain's greatest talents has agreed to join us for the fourth series," announced Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer, Russell T Davies. "Viewers can expect more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Catherine Tate added : "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who. I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

Freema Agyeman who has played Martha Jones, The Doctor's companion throughout the critically acclaimed third series, will return to the show to join The Doctor and Donna mid series.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Here's the BBC One trailer for Series 4.

I'm not Tony, but I have the Sci-Fi schedule for "Doctor Who".

"Doctor Who" will start on the Sci-Fi Channel April 18th with the 90-minute Christmas special, "Voyage of the Damned", at 8:30-10pm EST. The new season will premiere on the 25th at 9pm EST.

Sci-Fi has also acquired the "Doctor Who" spin-off, "The Sarah Jane Adventures". That will air before "Doctor Who" and premieres April 11th with a 90-minute Christmas special at 7:30-9pm EST. It's scheduled on April 18th at 8pm EST and on April 25th with two back-to-back episodes at 8 and 8:30pm EST.

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
I agree John. I hope it is not old footage used with the new. If this is new footage for the upcoming series, wow!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Chris has it right

April 4th: Torchwood finishes it's second season
April 5th: The Doctor Who season 4 starts on the BBC with "Partners in Crime"
April 18th: Who series four starts on Sci-Fi with last year's christmas special "Voyage of the Damned", with the "Partners in Crime" kicking off the series the following week.

(Sorry, I got the 28th from memory - obivously faulty there)

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
Thanks for the update rick. I had read it too, but the Tate addition threw me off. Thanks again.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
As anticipated:

BBC announces Doctor Who date and time

We're delighted to officially announce that Series Four of Doctor Who will commence with Partners In Crime at 6.20pm on Saturday 05 April 2008, BBC One.

Tell all your friends, cancel any prior engagements and settle down for what promises to be the most spectacular series of Doctor Who yet!

As always, Doctor Who Confidential will be going behind-the-scenes with the cast and crew, starting at 7.05pm on BBC Three. As always, we'll be supporting the show with extensive online coverage, both in the run up to and immediately after each episode.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Just broadcast on the BBC: a new Season Four Trailer

Next Saturday cant get here soon enough.

So they show the Sontarans and the Ood - both of which we know are going to be in the series for sure. Does that mean we get Daleks too?

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Well, the first episode has just been broadcast on the BBC. I loved it, so did the rest of the family. A lot will hinge on how much you like Catherine Tate's character. I love it, but if you like your women insipid you aren't going to like it.

The plot is extremely difficult to give a precis of without creating spoilers. I've tried to be as spoiler-free as possible, but you have been warned before taking a look:

Adipose is a new company, headed by the draconian Ms Foster, offering a revolutionary slimming pill. It really works. In fact, you could say that the excess weight just walks out of the door ... The Doctor and Donna separately suspect something and (eventually) join up to investigate. There is also a brief appearance of another old and familiar character in the episode. In common with openers for the previous Dr Who and Torchwood series, the main story is self-contained, but sets up a thread for the series as a whole

My daughter is already clamouring for a model of the alien in the episode (I'll be amazed if there isn't a plush toy or similar released for the Christmas market).

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
First - I want an Adipose Plushie *SO* badly!

Second - a pretty good start. Not nearly as good as Torchwood was last night (and boy do I feel weird saying that), but then it's not fair to compare climax to the first episode of the season.

Third - is it just wrong for me to have hoped for a car horn to go "meep meep" after Mrs Foster went splat?

Fourth - that blond girl at the end? She was a singer or something, right? Wasn't she in Bananarama?

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
LOL. I couldn't get over what a bitch Raquel has become. [Explanation for American readers - the actress playing Ms Foster for many years played Raquel, a ditzy barmaid in Coronation Street, which is a popular soap opera over here and practically a national institution. The actress herself is, I should add, a really nice person.].

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Damn you lucky Brits! There's still no air date for Canada (we haven't even got Voyage of the Damned or Torchwood Season 2 yet!) and when it does air it will be edited for time. I really wish Doctor Who would catch on here in North America. We'd get to see the show uncut before the dvds come out and it would be nice to see stores actually carrying some of the toys and whatnot. I want a Dalek toy and Sonic Screwdriver, damn it!

I have some questions:

Are they using that awful version of the theme from Voyage of the Damned or did they go back to using the one from season 1-3?

Is the CBC still credited at the end of the show for providing some of the funding?

I know season 2 of Torchwood was shown in an edited version for younger audiences which means they could tie the storyline into Who better than they could for season 1. Would I be lost or have Torchwood spoiled if I watch Doctor Who first?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks