What's new

Doctor Who Lost In Time Collection question (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Yes, Hurndall turned in a fine performance, but I have a hard time with a "new" Troughton or Pertwee. If we were to get an "xDoctors" story, it might be better to have the new chap teamed up with a more recent model (McGann and McCoy, for instance. Doubt Eccleston would even return the phone call) who can probably still look the part. Let's face it: all the other former BBC Doctors have aged considerably since their last "in-character" appearances in the '80s. Pertwee stretched believability in "The Five Doctors." You'd think they'd have put a wig on him that matched his hair colour from the '70s, at least!

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

I asked this question on the RT Forum website a few months ago. Although none of the RT replied, the comments I got back were a DVD per month (so double current rate) is feasible.

In terms of people buying, most DW fans are now older with more disposable income (I was a student when most of the VHS were released so could not afford them), but now 1 DVD a month at around GBP15 (USD30) online is extremely affordable. Also this is only around 2 hours of viewing time.
In terms of price it does not compare to most TV series season boxsets as it is a small niche market and the production costs split by number sold is much higher. However I would be happy to pay this.

It will never happen though with the new series out, as the BBC only seem to want to release one of the old or new series in a particular month. This is silly because most fans will wait for the new season boxset in November and skip the vanilla releases so they could easily release an old story at the same time as these, which is unlikely to influence a casual buyer anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks