What's new

DOA: Dead or Alive (Weinstein Co.) - DVD & HD-DVD or Theatrical release in December? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I read somewhere on this forum that this was coming to DVD & HD-DVD on Dec 12th but as far as I can see, it opens in theaters on Dec 8th.

which info is correct?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Considering it is the Weinsteins, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a one week theatrical release in a couple markets, and then to DVD the next week, like they did with FEAST (which may have done well at the box office),

The trailer for DOA looks like it could be fun (especially the bra/gun scene). But, I wouldn't be surprised if it went straight to video as the release date has been pushed around so much.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I see what you mean about Feast but I'm sure there would be details somewhere about DOA by now if it was coming out Dec 12th.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Maybe not, because with FEAST, that was a very quick announcement to release window. It opened on September 22 in theatres and only after that did they announce the DVD release for October 17th, I believe it was. So, less than a month.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
The Feast DVD was announced and dated in early August; the cover art and full specs were available by the middle of the month. No major e-tailer seems to have DOA for pre-order (Amazon has a listing but no date), so I strongly suspect the December 12th release isn't happening -- my guess is they set that date back when the theatrical release was scheduled for mid-October and haven't set a new date yet.

Serega_M

Agent
Dunno about States, but here, in Moscow, Russia - it is already in theaters with a wide release. Trailer for it looks like shit, though, and especially annoying is that flat-faced girl, Devon Aoki. Just one look at her gives me desire to puke, (and to see her for 90 minutes is overkill) but, maybe that's only me :)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Well it looks like this isn't coming to DVD in December as it would have been announced & be available for pre-order by now.

Jack Johnson

Second Unit

Entertainment Weekly has DOA on the Holiday Movie theatrical release calendar for December, but I don't remember if that was for the 8th or not.

I've seen the trailer, looks like a blast. Saucy!

--Jack

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Not that im interested in this movie, but for anyone who has a region free player and wants this, australian dvd website ezydvd has this for preorder with a release date of december 13.They even ship to usa.

Rolando

Screenwriter
So what is the news on this?

Is there an R1 release coming soon or what?

Did it actually come out in Australia?

I would really like to get my hands on this on DVD, have not seen it and want to watch it on my home theatre.

thanks!

Rolando

Screenwriter
wow, what is up with that? They are still planning a theatrical release for a movie already out on DVD overseas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks