What's new

Do I really need an Ultra? What about Plus or ISD? (1 Viewer)

ScottCarr

Second Unit
SVS has been very good to me. I am not sure I can keep all the good things they have done for me uner my hat, there is only so much room under there.:D

I wish they would reimburse me for the spakling, tools and paint I have had to buy to fix the cracks, picture frames, and window that have been repaired:emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
If it makes you guys feel any better, the questions in the DIY Forum are just as annoying. We have quite a few people that want to get into DIY subwoofer building but will ask the same question 10 different ways and will never commit to a driver, an enclosure, a tuning frequency, etc. A month later, they still haven't made a decision and are still asking the same damn questions they were from day one.

The only thing more annoying are the ones that are given very good advice on what parts to use and still go out and buy the crappiest drivers you've ever seen and build something that couldn't possibly sound as good as what was recommended to them.

Makes you wonder why you even bother sometimes. :)

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Been through this with JS last month over his Yamaha receiver purchase and should I keep my Bostons threads.
I even tried to deal with him through PMs when he started bitchin about only a 10% deal from Ron, since he can give himself 50% plus at his own store.

He is a 19 year old kid that really could have used a steady diet of Ritalin on his lunchroom tray. I've raised 4 boys and they bounce from dream to dream all day long just like he does. I feel for his wife!

DG

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor

Jeesh... If he didn't need psychotropics before, he certainly will after he reads this thread...

We've all been on a christmas eve high before... Hell, whats the fun in having this hobby and getting this stuff if you can't dream about it for months before you buy it, and in the process, drive everyone around you nuts?

I say cut him some slack...

:cool:

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

OK, I'll sit quietly and await the actual purchase of the sub from Ron by Jesse.

Would anyone like some popcorn and a soda when I head to the kitchen? ;)

Stephen M

Stunt Coordinator
A nice kid and a tire kicker who won't buy anything.:frowning:

I have emailed Ron a few times regarding recent models, but after reading this thread, I won't do so again until I know I am buying. These kind of customers must drive him crazy!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I understand the guy posts alot but sheesh I think you guys should lightening up on the jabs here. I'm kinda suprised a moderator let it happen to this point. He's getting a good deal from Ron and Ron explained why and that's good enough for me. Can we as a group try not to drop down to a level that makes this forum seems poor? Or for that matter might reflect poorly on SVS? If you really think his posts are annoying just ignore it and move on.

Todd^B

Stunt Coordinator
My room is about 250 sq ft. It is open to the dining room and the kitchen area. It has a vaulted ceiling and two large windows on the opposite side of the room.

The PB2+ is more than enough sub to get the bass that I need. I walk around the house and the pictures are rattling on the wall.

I have watched the Darla seen from Nemo and the house rumbles just like at Ron's house.

I also watched the attack seen from Pearl Harbor. It sounded great. It felt like the bombs were landing on the house.

I have an idea. You could get the PB2+, then save you money for a Denon AVR-3805. Or, donate it to me for my home theater that I will be buying in the near future. :D

ScottCarr

Second Unit
well, with Jesse being 19 I can understand the situation. I recall that age where deciding to order a large fry at Mcdonalds was tasking, let alone spending $1000 on a sub.

Forget about the about the stick and just order the ultra.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Like a lot of things in life, easy to say, harder to do. There is forum etiquette requarding asking questions a multiple times, don't do it. Obviously the members who make up this forum are just as annoyed as evidenced by the pile-on, but at 2 pages.......

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Good posts and thoughts imo for what little it is worth?? I guess I sort of hickup't when J posted his offer from SVS.

I agree fully we need to cut him some slack and hopefully Jesse will learn by this. I know I have learned the hard way myself here on the Forum regarding a few situations/transactions. It is always good to position yourself well and it takes time to learn.

J your most likely feeling like dog doo, but this shall pass. Please just take note and go forward accordingly. Many of us do appreciate your enthusiasm and nativity.

I know I'm no administrator but this post is from the heart.

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
Jesse,

All kidding aside. I assume that you don't have a sub at this point, and I think it is a good idea to save for what you want. Have you considered getting the Part express sub to "tide" you over until you get what you really want? At $124 +/- it may give you the fix you need until you can get the Ultra. I too grapple with the decision as to when to pull the trigger on a new sub. I have a JBL PB10 which sounds fine to me (probably because I haven't heard much else) I debate the DIY and different scenarios but I think you will kick yourself if you don't eventually get the SVS.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I just want you guys to know that I may not buy anything now because you guys are so mean about it. Im sorry that I have alot of questoins and Im not sure what I want. But I like to do alot of research, and I mean ALOT! Dont worry... Im pretty sure I wont be posting on here anymore. So I will leave you guys alone. You guys just go straight to yelling at me. You dont ask why I ask so many questions or what about my situation. You just jump right into being mean about it.

Ron and some select people on here are still great people. Ron if I ever do decide what I want, and it happens to be an SVS we will do buisness. But everyone else should be ashamed of themselves. You have hurt my feelings with the things you say. If Im THAT anyoning then dont post anything. Well whatever Im done ranting. Im still going to read posts on here... but dont worry I doubt I will post anything again unless you guys grow up.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
BTW SCREW RYTALIN! Maybe I took it in highschool and maybe it messed up my life. I dont remember much before I was 12! Whatever Im too mad right now to say anything else.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Thought so.:rolleyes:

Look- if anyone calls me a twat just because I asked questions on a product I've heard and like the thing, I wouldn't dismiss the sub maker because some forum member's (me included)were making fun of you. Who cares what people say? Just buy whatever you like- you've heard a wide range of SVS subs (I could never do that)- I just bought the best cylinder sub I could afford (PC Plus) and you've got a good idea which sounds the best- just decide how much you're willing to spend and buy that one.

Water off a duck's back basically.

Neal_C

Second Unit
Jesse, you just need to chill and be a little more adult with your heated responses. You made heated response in another thread and then came back and apologized.

Sure, people joke and jab about your repeated posts about the same topic...but sit back and think about it...did you really need 6 or 7 different threads about the same topic?

You have been given some really excellent suggestions on what to do from the first thread that you started weeks ago.

I will say this again: it all boils down to what you like and what you can afford...plain and simple. Nobody here can do anything more than make a suggestion.

And why would you not buy something that you will enjoy because of what has been said in this thread or any other thread? Are you really going to let this influence your happiness with your HT system? Seriously, come on now.

And as for your Ritalin, if it did mess you up, that is to bad. It is a terrible drug and I believe we are the only country (or one of very few) in the world that actually allows it to be prescribed. I know it is banned in Europe and has been since it was created.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Jesse,
You can take your ball and go home. Where this post went to hell is Posting the offer Ron had made on the open forum. Personally that didn't bother me but other it could quite easily rub some the wrong way.

Looking back at this thread the questions asked were somewhat lacking in content. I would estimate that 99%+ of the SVS owners are very friendly and helpful. Most of us have been where you are in making the decision. then again you had anexpert of the product at your disposal. Sure some jealousy or envy that you actually got to meet one of the faceless voices of SVS.

Playing hockey I socialize with a lot of 15 to 21 year old boys to men. Whe it comes right down to it they all share 3 things. YOUNG DUMB and FULL OF_________. I hope that doeesn;t get me banned. Its part of life.

The facelessness of these forums doesn;t allow us to adjust to the person. I am probably one of the most sarcastic people I know and I can;t help it. It jsut comes out.... I can't count the number of times i accidentally insulted people jsut being myself.

hanging out on these forums I have seem posts with hundreds of replies. Questions were solid information seeking and not worried about $$$$$$.

As I said SVS owners are great people. I am sure if you don;t give up on us we won;t on you. You can always try hometheatherspot.com they have a dedicated SVS thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.