What's new

do i need acoustic panels? worth it? (1 Viewer)

mx4lifeis350

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan
Im moving to a large trailer and 1 room will be a dedicated theater room.

I been researching all day and came across Acoustic paneling and bass traps.. i have no idea if i need these or what exacly they do. I dont really have to make my room sound proff and keep the sounds from going out of the room.

As you may know a trailer has thin wall panels that i will be replasing with sheet rock. Should i put insulation there wile im at it? will it make a sound diffrence? Do i need paneling and bass traps to make my HT sound better? please help im clue less.

I just don't want to spend so much money just to find out i missed a step that would enhance the HT experiance.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Neither of these are designed for sound proofing. Acoustic panels stop reflections. Do you need them? I don't know. Do you have sound reflecting off a wall near your speakers? They are easy and inexpensive to build so it is a small investment to try.

Bass traps are similar to the panels except they are designed to work with the long wavelengths in the sub-bass region. If you have large bass peaks in the corners, then a bass trap will help with them.

I use neither. I think proper calibration and a parametric EQ on your sub will give you a much better return on your investment than these items.

Several different types of audio tricks have been designed into HT space to help control undesirable audio insights. These consist of the drapes in the front sides of the space.

warrenhenery

Auditioning
Real Name
warrenhenery
Acoustic Sound Panels for Commercial, Corporate, Government & Municipal Buildings : Commercial & Corporate settings have specific acoustical requirements in order for the space to be most soundproof. Buy http://www.mixmasteredacoustics.com/" rel="dofollow">Acoustic Panels at Mix Mastered Acoustics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks