What's new

Do guys fall for women instantly? (1 Viewer)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Okay, bit of a weird question and I hope my lack of skill explaining things in writing doesn't get in the way.
biggrin.gif

Bascially I was having a conversation with my girlfriend and we were discussing relationships and stuff. I explained how the only girls I ever went for/go for I pretty much fell 'in love' with instantly or at least in the second meeting.
I also said this seemed to be true for other guys I'd known, but that it seemed to take women a lot longer to go for them/us - we kind of 'wear them down'.
She was surprised as she'd thought most times guys just meet a girl they think is nice and ask her out and eventually they fall for her.
Well now I'm intrigued. What do people think? Do you guys out there go for just any girl or does there have to be that extra 'thing'?
Cheers
------------------
My band is @ http://www.mokita.net
My Novelty Coasters

PhilipW

Second Unit
I fell for my wife almost instantly and I have proof. My best friend remembers the conversation. He and I were talking to her and one of her friends at church. After the conversation, I told him I was going to marry her. It only took 9 years to get to the marriage.
laugh.gif
However, we did start dating a couple of weeks after said conversation.
------------------

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Every girl I've ever fallen for, I fell for "at first sight," meaning that her looks and behavior I observed from a distance were all I needed to know if she was "right" for me or not. My preceptions haven't led me astray yet! As for girls, I have no clue, but I guess I could ask around.
------------------
"Home is where the theater is!"

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I tend to know pretty quickly whether she's my 'type' or not. The first five minutes of conversation (not even that, sometimes) can give a decent enough insight into the kind of person you're looking at. Nothing too deep, obviously, but mannerisms, voice, eye contact, body language - all that stuff speaks volumes, whether you really pick up on it or not.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Almost all the girls that I was attracted to at first sight and ended up dating ended up being pretty faces with a shallow personality. When I met my wife she seemed to stand out from the crowd. It wasn't a lusty type of attraction, but just a strange kind of "I really want to get to know her better" type of feeling. Of course I found her very pretty, but it wasn't the looks alone that attracted me. She had a different quality. So upon getting to know her better it didn't take long for me to know that I was in love with her. But she had the same kind of reaction...so I don't think it's just men.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I have to agree with Rob. I generally know within the first five minutes of meeting a girl whether or not I like her.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
I've always been the type to fall head over heals waaaayyyyyy too quickly. Inevitably, the women that I "fell" for never reciprocated the same emotions. They just wanted to play mind games which really pissed me off. I count my blessings every day that I finally found a woman that is cool as hell and doesn't have the typical hang ups that most other women have.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
When I first met my wife, we had about a one minute conversation, and while I wasn't head over heels in love at first sight, I immediately recognized that we clicked somehow. I saw her a week later and asked her out and we were engaged six weeks later, and married six months after that. We've been happily married now for almost eight years.
Oh, and I should mention that we weren't star stuck kids. I was 30 and she was 24. Both of us had been in many long term relations before that and had both been engaged before. It sounds like a cliche, but I guess when you know, you know.
Scott

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll second what Kevin Potts said. Unfortunately, I have yet to find the woman for me...
frown.gif

Anybody got any cute sisters?

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Well, I seem to be the odd man out here. Maybe I just haven't been lucky enough to meet "the one" yet, but I tend to fall slowly. Sometimes too slowly. Like for example by the time I fall for a woman, she's already fallen for me, felt rejected by my lack of interest, and then given up on me. By the time the she gets to that last stage I'm just begining to think to myself, "I think there could be something between us".
laugh.gif

Then again, maybe the women just aren't that attractive here in rugged montana.
tongue.gif

Jon

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Falling quickly is usually a chemical reaction.... LOL
Sometimes this chemical reaction is one that blocks bloodflow to certain parts of your body to increase flow to others......
Then along comes this one certain person who has it all.... the looks, the charm, the personality and one who sees the same in you.....
We would hope that in this would not be rare but in this day and time, superficial people abound. There appears to be less morality in this era as some just seem to want to "experience" ALL.... sad but those of quality are often degraded somewhat by interaction with those shallow ones.
If you want quality in a person, then be quality......
------------------
"I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethru gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades forever and forever...."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks