Do dreams ever ruin your day

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Kissinger, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

I had a dream last night that I actually won the big prize on one of those scratch off lottery tickets. Something like 100,000. I was quite depressed when I woke up and realized it was just a dream. I can't seem to shake it.

Of course, there was also the time I dreamt I had a sexual relationship with Rosanne Barr, or Arnold or whatever her name is now. I was quite releived to find that was just a dream. But then again, I was rather depressed to be dreaming about her in the first place. Sometimes Dreams just suck.

2. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Scott Saslow
    I have had a couple of dreams in which I get very close to gettin' the girl in the end but I wake up before anything, ya' know, actually happens. Talk about frustration!

3. Paul Mason

Paul Mason Stunt Coordinator

I once had a dream that a friend of mine and I were at the beach and he was throwing dogs into the sea, where the were drowning.

The weird thing was that I woke up feeling angry at him and I stayed angry even though rationally I knew he hadn't done anything.

4. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Yes, because dreams are better than life. [​IMG] Why else is Mulholland Drive the best film of 2001? [​IMG]

5. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

I had a dream last night that I was hugging my wife and she was purring like a cat. How's that for weird. [​IMG] BTW, we have three cats, maybe one was purring on the bed at the time. [​IMG]
    As for dreams ruining my day, probably the closest ones to that are ones where I get something new and exciting (a new house, a new car, a new HT toy, etc.) and I always wake up before I get a chance to play with it.
    KJP

6. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I have dreams where I have reconciled with my ex-best friend. And then I wake up feeling very depressed, and it lasts the whole day. [​IMG]

7. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

Not really cause either....
    A: My dream will be some freakish nightmare where in which I'll be scared shitless for the rest of the day (I've had many nightmares with zombies chasing me and sometimes in the dream I end up dying with the dream still going on).
    B: I have good dreams in which I'll remember them for weeks. [​IMG]
    C: I'll be lucky to even rememeber my dream at all.

8. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I almost hate it when I have that recurring dream where I'm stranded on a desert island with Emmanuelle Beart. Why? Because I always wake up to another day of my pathetic and miserable life. Woe is me... [​IMG]

9. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    I had a dream the other day that Sandra was attacked by a humongous tarantula the size of a horse, I tried my best to save her, really I did, tried smacking it with a rolled up newspaper, failed miserably I'm afraid.....[​IMG]

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Sometimes I dreamt that I have a lot of money, and then when I wake up, I operate under those "assumptions" and when reality hits, it's like getting splashed with buckets of cold water.

11. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

The only "good" dreams I have is that I can fly. Alas, I can not. [​IMG]

12. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

Only when I wake up and realize that Natalie Portman is not my wife. [​IMG]

13. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Yes THEY do. [​IMG]