What's new

Do all the Hitchcock Anamorphic DVD's look as bad as THE BIRDS? (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
You guys were right about The Birds. I've owned it for years but just watched it yesterday. Wow. Perhaps one the worst dvd transfers I've seen. Pretty bad. There were some scenes (very few) that looked good though)

Another matter is how cheezy the film is too. I kept thinking how I used to think this was great as a kid etc...but at least yesterday, I was thinking differently.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Paul,

The transfer Martin Hart had a problem with (demonstrated by that link) was the "Deluxe Letterbox Edition" laserdisc from MGM. The Warner DVD transfer is not discussed on that page.

-Lyle J.P.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I mentioned it in the other Hitchcock thread, but the DVD transfer of North By Northwest has the widest image of all of the transfers. The biggest difference is the copyright line on the title card not being cut off on the right side... in fact, instead of barely fitting in the fullscreen version or being partially cropped on the LBX LD, there's plenty of room between the end of the line AND the edge of the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks