What's new

dlp vs. lcd vs. plasma (1 Viewer)

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator

If that is true then that is incredible but I find it very hard to believe. I wonder if that only includes the amount of time the TV is actually on or the amount of hours that the TV will last whether it is on or off?

If you watch your TV say 40 hours per week then that would equate to almost 29 nine years of life.

If it is based on the life of the TV whether or not it is turned on then it would equate to almost 7 years. This figure sounds more accurate to me but I am no expert. Also it could depend on the manufacturer. I would be willing to bet that the Pioneer plasmas would tend to last longer than the cheaper models.

mcarry

Auditioning
Real Name
Marty Carry
Might be finally doing the deed this week, 90% sure we will be getting the 60" sony sxrd. Any final thoughts? I would love to hear from some satisfied sxrd customers. Thanks, Marty.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland

Not a bad idea. I have one of the previous generation, and love it. The A3000 is a fantastic looking set, plus it features 120hz refresh rate.

About the only thing to be concerned with is viewing angles (not the best) and bulb replacement. They will burn out, so it is a wise investment to get the extended warranty from wherever you get the set, if it covers bulb replacement. At worst, if nothing goes wrong, you can call for a free bulb. I used to work at Circuit City and recommended it to everyone who bought one.

Real Name
Walter Herrmann
IF I WOULD FEEL THAT I NEEDED AN EXTENDED WARRANTY I WOULD SURE AS HELL STAY AWAY FROM THAT PRODUCT. WHY DON'T YOU LOOK IN OTHER PLACES THEN BUST BUY AND CIRCUIT CITY, THAT'S ALL MAINSTREAM CONSUMER RIPOFF. IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO BUY YOU CAN SPEND LESS MONEY AND GET MORE.... AND TO SPEND $1200.00 ON A SONY RECEIVER TO GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.......

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
I have the "Sharp Aquos 65" LCD -- LC-65D90U -- $6700" and it is simply amazing. I have it in a very large family room with windows from the floor to the ceiling on almost all ends. No matter what time of the day the set is still spectacular from any angle. You can literally stand on the side of it a foot away during the brightest day of the year and it is almost as if you are sitting directly in front of it in the pitch black.

To compare it to my 56" 1080p Samsung DLP. I might actually like the DLP look more but only when it is completely dark and I am sitting directly in front of the set. The DLP loses its magic when viewing from the sides compared to the LCD and also doesn't look as good with all of the lights on.

If you have "almost a blank check" go for the Sharp you wont be disapointed (although I'm sure the Panny Seth posted is gorgeous as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks