What's new

DIY LCD Wall Mounting (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey all.

I realize this may be a loaded question, but how "Easy" is it to wall Mount an LCD TV?

Me and my fiancee just got our first apartment together and we really want to mount the TV on the Wall. It's a little older TV, A Sony 32 Inch KLV-S32A10. We don't want anything fancy, just it simply on the wall.

Assuming I know my way around a drill, level, following directions etc, can it be done by an average joe? I admit I'm not the best handyman in the world, but I can find a stud in the wall, etc.

I got a quote for just a Wall mounting and it was kind of pricey. I'd really love to do it myself.

Eventually we're going to be getting a 52 Inch sony, XBR line. Now that, I may have mounted professionally...

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
Adam:

Go for it. I just wall mounted my 58" plasma. It really wasn't that hard. I even wired a new receptacle behind the plasma.

Obviously, it is VITAL that you hit the studs dead center with the lag bolts. I used a stud finder to get me started, but was getting mixed results. Then I just used some thin nails and started putting them in drywall. That way I could find the exact location of the edge of the studs.

I picked up my mount from Costco when I bought the TV- it was $80. You can also get them at monoprice.com for a very low price (this is where I bought all my cables for the project as well). For the receptacle, I bought a surge protected receptacle from Smarthome ($50). However, if you want the TV mounted very close to the wall, this may not work. I ended up using some bushings to hold the TV about an inch out, which left room for the plug.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

-Gerry

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I went ahead and did it, turned out great. I even got it level. Aside from being nervous my TV is going to come crashing down, it wasn't that hard.

I found a BIG beam on the wall I used. I don't what it was, but it had to be 6 inches wide. I'm in an apartment and it's the middle wall. The opposide side where the TV now is, is another bedroom. Just to the right of the TV is a fireplace. In any case though, very sturdy as far as I can tell. I had trouble pulling a finishing nail out of the wood after hanging, so the screws must be in there REAL well.

Now to rethink my speaker system. I don't know how good floorstanding speakers are now with a TV mounted (Sort of) high on a wall. :)

ergotechmounts

Auditioning
Real Name
david
从单一的钢铁板材冲压,对D3系列拥有从36-60平板电视“,直至二○○英镑墙上的安全。使用了D3的倾斜功能的T座轻松调整到视角15度。向在棘轮系统的建成,你可以与电视由于安装倾斜调整,消除任何猜测。一个开放后端的设计和全面的硬件工具包将立即告诉您,这是为安装专业安装的。

固体钢结构

随着从2.5毫米钢固体背部一块印板,强D3的坐骑就是一切顾名思义。

15度倾斜

我们的倾斜功能是轻而易举的调整...即使在电视的安装。使用在棘轮系统内建作出调整,无需任何工具,即使在最严格的空间。

易于安装

我们离开了回线开放,方便拉...我们清楚地标示,包括单独包装,木材或混凝土安装硬件。你会觉得这些坐骑的设计安装...好,其实,他们是。

孔和槽的安装托架

我们增加了洞的更快,更准确的安装托架上面的部分。

黑色粉末涂层完成

喜欢一个强大的安装,终点是建立持续的一切。你可能不希望在这个价位高光洁度...但我们知道你会欣赏它。

UL收录
更有信心到您的安装。

ergotechmounts

Auditioning
Real Name
david
Stamped from a single plate of steel, the D3 series holds flat panel TVs from 36-60" and up to 200 lbs securely on the wall. Use the tilt feature of the D3-T-BLK to easily adjust the viewing angle by up to 15 degrees. Thanks to the built-in ratcheting system, you can make tilt adjustments with the TV mounted, eliminating any guesswork. An open back design and comprehensive hardware kit will tell you right away that this mount was made for the professional installer.

Solid steel construction

With a back plate stamped from a solid piece of 2.5mm steel, Strong D3 mounts are everything their name suggests.

15 Degree Tilt

Our tilting feature is a breeze to adjust…even after the TV is mounted. Use the built-in ratcheting system to make adjustments, without any tools, in even the tightest spaces.

Easy Installation

We left the back open for easy wire pulls…and we included clearly labeled, individually packaged hardware for installation in wood or concrete. You'd think these mounts were designed by installers...well, actually, they were.

Holes and Slots on Mounting Brackets

We've added holes to the top section of the mounting brackets for quicker, more accurate installation.

Black powder-coated finish

Like everything about a Strong mount, the finish is built to last. You might not expect a high-quality finish at this price point…but we know you'll appreciate it.

UL Listed
More confidence to your installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks