What's new

DIY is a waste of my time, money, sanity etc (1 Viewer)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
You can tell the VC is rubbing if you press down on the center of the driver and feel a scratch or rub. If you just press down on just the side of the cone, there will be a scratch because that is bending the cone I think. (BTW, don't cave in the dust cap when doing so)

If the VC is rubbing, it will sound very distorted. if you placed the driver in a funny position such as on its face on carpet, or leaned the cone on something. This may misalign it.

(Saskatchewaneans are amoungst the nicest people you could ever meet)
They don't call him Dustin BunnyHugs for nothing.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
You had to bring up the domain name didn't you :p)

I didn't even pick it, my roommate did and he's an ass ;)

DonHo

Auditioning
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!

After consulting with Adire, I determined my driver was bad out of the box. (Thanks for the tech support Adire)

I contacted Bob Reimer @ Creative Sound Solutions (where I bought it from) and a replacement driver was on its way the next day - Salute Bob job well done.

When the driver arrived, I put it in the box, and behold - wonderful deep bass to shake my house.

Thanks to all who replied to me in this thread I appreciate the input, and NOTE to others having problems, don't be afraid to contact Adire directly (via email) they are willing to help you solve any problems with their products, your box construction etc.

Thanks
Don (A born-again bass pounding freak :) :D :p))

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Looks like you have done well then with your first DIY project Donho.:star: I look forward to giving it a try myself in the close future. This thread is full of good info from you veterans to. Alls well that ends well.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks