District 9

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by thosegiants, Apr 30, 2012.

1. thosegiants

thosegiants Auditioning

I'm looking for a digital code for the movie District 9. I literally just bought the movie thinking I'd be able to use the DC but of course it expired! Grrrr! Would anyone have a unused code that hasn't expired?
    Thanks in advance for your help!:D

2. Toronto Argonauts

David Thompson
    Hello Jeremy,
    I have never used my DC and I'm not sure if it has expired but you can give it a try.
    XAN3XWFMRTNR.
    Cheers,
    David

3. thosegiants

thosegiants Auditioning

Thanks for the code. Unfortunately it didn't work. :-(

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Hi Jeremy and David. As a HTF ambassador I want to welcome you both to the Home Theater Forum. Hope you,enjoy your stay.

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I'm not sure, but I think all the codes for a given movie expire at the same time. They don't issue new codes.
    I find the whole digital copy business to be nonsense (especially the concept of expiration dates), but that's just me. Anyway, welcome to HTF! You are now part of the cool crowd.

6. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    I couldn't agree more about digital copies being nonsense, Aaron. A DVD or Blu-ray already is a digital copy; the movie studios just go out of their way to make it difficult for their paying customers to rip it or transfer it to a different device. I sort of understand this inasmuch as piracy is a concern, but it takes some nerve to instead include a crippled, DRM-riddled "digital copy," complete with an expiration date, and advertise it as a feature, as if they're doing us a favor.

7. MattAlbie60

MattAlbie60 I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific

Stephen Lilley
    I redeemed my DISTRICT 9 digital copy when it was originally released, and awhile back it expired on me anyway. iTunes wouldn't let me open the file anymore. I called iTunes and they issued me a new code almost immediately - maybe give that a try.

8. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Whoa! Once you redeem the code and download the movie, it's supposed to be good forever, isn't it?

9. MattAlbie60

MattAlbie60 I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific

Stephen Lilley
    All of the other ones were. I don't know exactly what happened, and neither did the woman I spoke with. Believe me, I'd be the first to call shenanigans if I could, but I think it was just a weird quirk. One day I opened my "Movies" library in iTunes and the little "Exclamation Point" showed next to DISTRICT 9, and it wouldn't let me open it when I tried. It kept asking for my username and password, and then refused to play. The lady on the phone was like "Yep, that's weird. "