Disney's Tarzan (1999) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

7712_large.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    I hope they carry over the bonus content from the excellent 2-Disc DVD release

cafink likes this.
  3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

+1

I've had the UK version of Tarzan for quite awhile now. The film itself looks great, but it only has three bonus features:

The Alternate Opening, the Phil Collins music video of You'll Be In My Heart and Disneypedia: Living in the Jungle. The music video and alternate opening look to be 480i.

That two-disc set was as comprehensive as comprehensive could be. I have kept it in my collection even after securing the UK Blu of the film.

cafink likes this.
  4. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer
    Supporter

The picture of the Tarzan case shown at TheDigitalBits shows it as a "special edition."
    [​IMG]
    Of course, this does not show up on Amazon, so it could be wrong on just a temporary image.

I already have a spare 3 disc Blu-ray case that I will move my 2 disc collector's edition in to, if needed.
    [​IMG]

I love this cover art and will likely scan it and use it for the my Blu-ray cover regardless.

FoxyMulder likes this.
  5. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    Even if all the special features would carry over, I'm probably going to hold on to the old collector's edition just for its awesome cover art.

Mark Walker likes this.
  6. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    If you belong to the Disney Movie Club, Tarzan and Hercules will be shipping out on 6/10/2014, two months ahead of the retail release.

7. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    Cool. Not a club member myself, but that means consumer reviews will be online to answer the question of what bonus content got carried over.Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

cafink and Jason_V like this.
  8. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    Reports are that all the bonus has been carried over except the galleries: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=9300424&postcount=193

Deleted Scenes: Introduction, Alternate Opening, Terk Finds the Humans' Camp, and Riverboat Fight.

Backstage Disney: History and Development, The Characters of Tarzan, Animation Production, Story & Editorial, Publicity, DisneyPedia: Living in the Jungle, and Audio Commentary w/ Directors Chris Buck and Kevin Lima and Producer Bonnie Arnold.

Music & More: The Making of the Music, Tarzan Goes International, "You'll Be In My Heart" MV Performed by Phil Collins, "Strangers Like Me" Performed by Phil Collins, "Strangers Like Me" Performed by Everlife, "Trashin' the Camp" Studio Session w/ Phil Collins and 'N Sync, and Orginal Phil Collins song Demo w/ intro by Chris Montan

Mark Walker and cafink like this.
  9. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Thanks Brandon.

I'm going to keep the (Limited) Collector's Editions at any rate. A lot went into getting them...I'm not parting with them!

Brandon Conway likes this.
  10. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Ordered this w/Hercules from DMC. Looking forward to it.

11. Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Screenwriter

Brad
    Brad here. Looks like Disney has temporarily pulled Tarzan and Hercules. I had my DMC Club order in my cart and the two titles were deleted but "The Rocketeer" was still in my cart. Anyone else get their order pulled?

12. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    The titles are still available from the club. The deal to get them both together for $35 was the featured title of the month which has now expired. That is what was in your cart and since you didn't check out by the deadline, you missed out. You can of course put them back into your cart individually, but you can no longer get the special deal. You snooze you lose! :)

13. Kyrsten Brad

Brad
    Mark, you are incorrect in one aspect. Since these were the Selection of the Month, if I did nothing after putting them into my cart, they would be automatically processed and shipped to me. Something else is afoot as I noticed the release dates were pushed back according to Brandon Conway's ( or was it Robert Crawford 's) Blu-ray release thread.

14. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    True, if you didn't check out or decline your automatic selection then they will be shipped. It's possible the shipment is in process as we speak which would explain why they disappeared from your cart. Check the "order history" tab under "my account" to see recently processed orders. As for the release date being pushed back, the official date has always been August 12th. Disney Movie Club was exclusively offering them 2 months early.

15. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    I already have them both. Looking forward to watching them this weekend. Thank you, DMC!

16. Kyrsten Brad

Brad
    Contacted DMC Customer Service today, problem corrected. Blu-ray Package is on its way which includes:
    Tarzan
    Hercules
    The Rocketeer

Brandon Conway likes this.