What's new

Disney's Tarzan (1999) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

7712_large.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Brandon Conway said:
I hope they carry over the bonus content from the excellent 2-Disc DVD release
+1

I've had the UK version of Tarzan for quite awhile now. The film itself looks great, but it only has three bonus features:

The Alternate Opening, the Phil Collins music video of You'll Be In My Heart and Disneypedia: Living in the Jungle. The music video and alternate opening look to be 480i.

That two-disc set was as comprehensive as comprehensive could be. I have kept it in my collection even after securing the UK Blu of the film.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The picture of the Tarzan case shown at TheDigitalBits shows it as a "special edition."
Tarzan-special-edition-blu-ray-combo-pack-cover-e1395093184945.jpg

Of course, this does not show up on Amazon, so it could be wrong on just a temporary image.

I already have a spare 3 disc Blu-ray case that I will move my 2 disc collector's edition in to, if needed.
2168tarzan_collectors_edition_cstm.jpg

I love this cover art and will likely scan it and use it for the my Blu-ray cover regardless.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Even if all the special features would carry over, I'm probably going to hold on to the old collector's edition just for its awesome cover art.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If you belong to the Disney Movie Club, Tarzan and Hercules will be shipping out on 6/10/2014, two months ahead of the retail release.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Reports are that all the bonus has been carried over except the galleries: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=9300424&postcount=193

Deleted Scenes: Introduction, Alternate Opening, Terk Finds the Humans' Camp, and Riverboat Fight.

Backstage Disney: History and Development, The Characters of Tarzan, Animation Production, Story & Editorial, Publicity, DisneyPedia: Living in the Jungle, and Audio Commentary w/ Directors Chris Buck and Kevin Lima and Producer Bonnie Arnold.

Music & More: The Making of the Music, Tarzan Goes International, "You'll Be In My Heart" MV Performed by Phil Collins, "Strangers Like Me" Performed by Phil Collins, "Strangers Like Me" Performed by Everlife, "Trashin' the Camp" Studio Session w/ Phil Collins and 'N Sync, and Orginal Phil Collins song Demo w/ intro by Chris Montan

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. Looks like Disney has temporarily pulled Tarzan and Hercules. I had my DMC Club order in my cart and the two titles were deleted but "The Rocketeer" was still in my cart. Anyone else get their order pulled?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Kyrsten Brad said:
Brad here. Looks like Disney has temporarily pulled Tarzan and Hercules. I had my DMC Club order in my cart and the two titles were deleted but "The Rocketeer" was still in my cart. Anyone else get their order pulled?
The titles are still available from the club. The deal to get them both together for $35 was the featured title of the month which has now expired. That is what was in your cart and since you didn't check out by the deadline, you missed out. You can of course put them back into your cart individually, but you can no longer get the special deal. You snooze you lose! :)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Mark, you are incorrect in one aspect. Since these were the Selection of the Month, if I did nothing after putting them into my cart, they would be automatically processed and shipped to me. Something else is afoot as I noticed the release dates were pushed back according to Brandon Conway's ( or was it Robert Crawford 's) Blu-ray release thread.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Kyrsten Brad said:
Mark, you are incorrect in one aspect. Since these were the Selection of the Month, if I did nothing after putting them into my cart, they would be automatically processed and shipped to me. Something else is afoot as I noticed the release dates were pushed back according to Brandon Conway's ( or was it Robert Crawford 's) Blu-ray release thread.
True, if you didn't check out or decline your automatic selection then they will be shipped. It's possible the shipment is in process as we speak which would explain why they disappeared from your cart. Check the "order history" tab under "my account" to see recently processed orders. As for the release date being pushed back, the official date has always been August 12th. Disney Movie Club was exclusively offering them 2 months early.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks