What's new

Disney's Cinderella: Platinum details (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

You are so right. The similarity is striking...both thematic and even visually (at times having an almost film-noir appearance, like when Cinderella enters her step-mother's bed chambers).

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
You know the shot of Gus-Gus trapped in that spiraling wire-frame whatever it is? Every time I see it, all I can think of is Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo and Mel Brooks in High Anxiety. I know i'm projecting, but I can't get the associations out of my head.

For those who haven't seen it...its the scene where Cinderella runs from the ball at midnight and instead of leaving behind a glass slipper, they screw with the animation and turn it into a glass sneaker. Lame.

They also change the castle into a sports stadium.

To be honest, I'm not sure the original Cinderella is really one of my favorites (oh, we'll still be getting it, heck, I can't even make my wife get rid of all the tape editions of these movies that she has). I guess for me, "Cinderelli" is just used a few too many times, and gets on my nerves.

It is definitely one of my favorites. The film is ignored sometimes by animation propellor heads like me, because the graphic look of the film is so streamlined (there's little here that draws favorable comparison to the near-rapturous detail seen in Pinocchio, Fantasia, or Bambi). But that's a mistake -- Cinderella is a fantastic movie, easily the best movie Walt had made since Dumbo and Bambi. The story work is sublime and it is almost a shock to see how much raw suspense Disney generates out of the last ten minutes, with Cinderella locked in her room, the Duke arriving with the glass slipper, and two mice trying to get a key out of the Stepmother's pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks