What's new

Disney's CES press release: Monsters, Inc.; Lost Seasons 1 & 2; and more (1 Viewer)

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
Lots of good news in here for Blu-ray collectors.

ADDING MULTIMEDIA Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Announces Exciting New Blu-ray Options Offering Consumers Greater Accessibility and Value Than Ever Before

Some highlights:
  • The Blu-ray + DVD combo packs (introduced with Sleeping Beauty) will continue, with Pinocchio, High School Musical 3, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs slated to receive a bonus DVD of the movie attached to the Blu-ray (hopefully it won't change the SRP).
  • HSM 3 will also get digital copy, an interesting tactic.
  • Upcoming catalog releases (no dates specified yet): Monsters, Inc., A Bug's Life, Microcosmos, Rounders, Lost: The Complete First and Second Seasons, Sin City, Miracle, Sling Blade, The Greatest Game Ever Played, Pulp Fiction, and Good Will Hunting.
  • No mention of Finding Nemo at all. Has it been bumped again?

I'm personally excited for Monsters, Inc., and LOST, but it sounds like this will be a great year for Blu from Disney.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Fantastic news re: Pulp Fiction! :emoji_thumbsup: Hopefully they'll release Jackie Brown at the same time.

Sin City would've also gotten me excited if I didn't already have the Canadian BD. I'll wait and see what the differences are.

I'll also pick up Pinocchio, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Monsters, Inc. and A Bug's Life. I'm starting to think the one Pixar film I want the most (The Incredibles) will probably be the very last one they release on BD.

No interest in owning the other titles mentioned.

Hopefully Open Range, Tombstone and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
All that fuss over Cuse and Lindelof's comments that they didn't see Lost seasons 1 and 2 being released on Blu any time soon.... Shows how much they were in the know with ABC Studios brass.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Looking forward to many of these, especially Good Will Hunting since I don't think it has had an anamorphic release on SD yet.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

We most definitely have not and it has so desperately needed the upgrade. Good news!

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Wow, this is awesome news. A lot of titles in the press release which I want to buy.

Here's hoping they are given the same quality of the Kill Bill discs and not Gangs of New York.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I am very excited about this press release!

From this list, I will definitely be picking up:

Pinocchio
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Monsters, Inc.
A Bug's Life
Sin City
Sling Blade
Pulp Fiction
Good Will Hunting

Hopefully, I will be able to find Lost: The Complete First and Second Seasons at a price that warrants a blind-buy. I've never seen any of this series but have wanted to for a while. I just wanted to start off on the right foot (i.e. HD vs. SD). :D

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
There most certainly is an anamorphic DVD release of Good Will Hunting, just not in the States. It'll be nice to have an HD copy of the film on Blu.

Sin City should look pretty good, too. I hope it includes both the theatrical cut and the separate extended editions of each story.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They mentioned Pulp Fiction as "coming soon" on a commercial on the Lost: S4 Blu-ray and I had wondered why no one had seemed to notice.

Assuming they actually happen, I'll get Pulp Fiction, both Lost sets and the Pixar and Disney animated movies.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
This is great news. I'm in for all of the animated releases.

-R

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
FINALLY the first two seasons of LOST! And more animation. The quicker I can shed the DVD versions, the happier I'm going to be.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Pinocchio
Snow White
Monsters, Inc.
(I can only imagine how good this will look/sound! :D And, the same holds true for those first two titles! )

:emoji_thumbsup:

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Of the announced titles, I will gladly pick up the following:

Pinocchio
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Monsters, Inc.
A Bug's Life
Microcosmos
Rounders
Sin City
Pulp Fiction
Good Will Hunting

And I second Jim's request for Open Range, Tombstone, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. :emoji_thumbsup:

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Hmmm, Rounders is listed as a 10th anniversary edition. I wonder if it will include extra footage and/or bonus features that are not in the SE DVD that was released a few years ago.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I will definitely be purchasing the first two seasons of "Lost" and I would love to see Beautiful Girls among the "...many more to follow in 2009."

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
What? No love for High School Musical 3 here? ;) :D

Maybe I should get that to help give the format a boost while trying to appease my daughter and get her to forget about Mama Mia. ;) :P :laugh: Hard to believe I could ever think that buying yet another HSM DVD/BD would be better than something else (musical or not)... :P

_Man_

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Some nice stuff here.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I was just wondering about Pulp Fiction BD the other day...

As Carl already inferred, Good Will Hunting was released in Canada on anamorphic DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks