What's new

Disney's Bubble Boy - the Mad Cynic speaks out... (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Check out the Mad Cynic's take on Disney's Bubble Boy:
Link Removed
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain
[Edited last by SteveGon on September 11, 2001 at 01:52 AM]

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Not to expend any more energy than this awful film deserves, but after the brief media moment Bubble Boy received, everyone forgot to mention that it is terribly offensive to practically everyone. I was shocked by the gall the filmmakers had to take cheap, tasteless shots at such a wide range of people.
I realize the point of the rant, and yes, it does seem like every interest group, no matter how small, stirs up attention when anything even remotely controversial appears in a film. Bubble Boy is the wrong battle to be fighting in that it only gave the film more attention than it deserved or would have received otherwise.
------------------
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
Most recent reviews: Mississippi Mermaid, Un Flic, How to Get Ahead in Advertising: The Criterion Collection, WarGames, Open Your Eyes, Waiting for Guffman, Maelstrom
Most recent column: Panning P&S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks