Disney's 20000, any word?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by JackKay, Feb 3, 2008.

1. JackKay

JackKay Second Unit

Any hear say on Disney releasing 20000 Leagues Under the Sea in the next 25 or 30 years from now? Or any of its Classics on Blu-ray?

2. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I don't know, and older titles seem to have dried up, except for redoing non-Platinum animated films, but there is plenty of the live-action back catalog (pre-1990s) I want to see on BD. 20000 Leagues should be a slam dunk in terms of picture and sound quality. Those High School Musical kids have to graduate at some time!

3. JackKay

JackKay Second Unit

Thanks MatthewA for the sympathy. Just got to wonder why Disney, if it wants to get this Blu-ray disk off the ground and win the format war, will it give us what we want? Just got to wonder, I mean both formats have been in our homes for over a year now.

4. Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce Producer

Sleeping Beauty has been announced for later this year. I would also love to see 20,000 leagues under the sea on blu-ray.

Doug

5. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

I'd love 20,000 L.U.T.S. Though the 16x9 DVD was pretty lacking in detail: it might need a new HD transfer.

6. Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce Producer

I don't know if that is dew to a so so transfer, or the fact that the original Henri Chr├ętien lenses were used on that film. Those original CinemaScope lenses were not very sharp and were greatly improved on in 55 or 56 when the Bausch & Lomb lenses were introduced.

Doug

7. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

I'd love to upgrade my copy of 20,000 Leagues to BD.

Having said that it probably will be a 25-30 year wait.