Disneylands "A Nightmare Before Xmas" Haunted Mansion Ride

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron-P, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Saturday I went over to Disneyland to experience the completely revamped Haunted Mansion ride. This great ride has now been transformed into Tim Burtons A Nightmare Before Christmas.
    The entire ride has been transformed. From the subtle changes on the exterior to the major changes inside, along with the new sound track from Danny Elfman.
    For anyone living locally or coming to visit the area, this is a must, especially if you are a fan of the movie. Disney out-did themselves, truly an awesome experience.
    It's like riding the movie.
    Peace Out~ [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon
    [Edited last by Ron-P on October 15, 2001 at 10:54 AM]

2. Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor Supporting Actor

Ron, sounds great! Thanks for giving all of us an excuse to go back to Disneyland!
    Does anyone know if they also did this at Disney World?
    Jay Taylor
    ------------------
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

3. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

[​IMG]
    Kewl...we're going in december, I cant wait.
    So from the press release on the official d-land website it looks like this is just a temporary change and will not be permanent.

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Good, because I really liked the original Haunted Mansion and I am not a fan of A Nightmare Before Christmas.
    ------------------
    --Mike
    Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
  6. Michael St. Clair

Please, please, please tell me they have done this in Orlando. I'll be down there in December.
    Update: Looks like that is not the case. Well, perhaps they'll pack it up and send it to Florida next year. Then they'll ebay the stuff off for a mint.
    [Edited last by Michael St. Clair on October 15, 2001 at 09:45 PM]

7. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

There is a rather lengthy write up on this at Aint It Cool, describing the changes, with some pcitures.
    Looks like this is only been done at Disneyland, but Tokyo is inquiring about it getting done to their mansion next year. The current transition aparently lasts until January 6th.
    The artice also mentions screenings of Nightmare at the El Capitan Theater with sets and an animation panel on the 19th.

8. Marty Christion

Marty Christion Stunt Coordinator

According to Mouseplanet.com, the ride doesn't use any of Elfman's music:
    (This is from a discussion on why Danny Elfman bowed out of a panel discussion at the Haunted Mansion: )
    quote:
    Second was actually the most interesting - because Elfman was more than a little confused as to why there was none of his compositions in the ride soundtrack. Yep, even though the live panel show used the movie songs, the actual madeover ride itself doesn't use any of the songs from the film. http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/update35.htm
    [/quote]
    But it's been phenomanally successful so far, and I'm looking forward to checking it out.
    [Edited last by Marty Christion on October 16, 2001 at 03:46 PM]

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    From what I heard on the radio, Danny Elfman composed a new soundtrack for the ride. I can say that it is nothing from the movie, but it is vary similar and sounds like it has the Elfman touch. I'd be very surprised if it was not his.
    Peace Out~ [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

10. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I read that if it was succesful that they would look at doing it every year.
    Ron,
    Lucky you, I oh so want to ride this ride, but I just can't get the vacation time to fly out to LA.