What's new

Disney TV-DVD Rumor (Still Tentative) (1 Viewer)

BenjaminX

Grip
I know someone that works at Disney that told me that a well known Witt-Thomas show (NOT The Golden Girls) is TENTATIVELY coming out on DVD this year, apparently through a third-party distributor. Which leaves us with Blossom, Empty Nest, Herman's Head, and Nurses. I won't believe him until I hear it from Disney or whoever officially, but he has been reliable in the past (Home Improvement being most notable). Stay tuned.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I can't remember where I read it, but I've been reading rumors that Blossom might be coming out on DVD

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I might buy Empty Nest or even Nurses.

What I'd like to see more of from Disney, other than the rest of Golden Girls, are episodes from the 1954-1983 run of Wonderful World of Disney.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've heard Blossom rumors too, but nothing worth printing as news. Always sounded like wishful thinking to me.

Frankly, I'd gladly take any of the four. I'm surprised that Herman's Head hasn't been out to take advantage of tie-ins between cast members of popular shows like Hank Azaria (Simsons, Huff), Yeardly Smith (Simpsons), and Jane Sibbett (Friends).

BenjaminX

Grip
In my opinionation (lol), my hunch is that the show coming to DVD is Blossom. And the third party distributor could be anyone (Shout Factory, Image, Lion's Gate, etc.)

BenjaminX

Grip
UPDATE: According to my friend, there's apparently supposed to be a meeting with Shout! Factory sometime next month about the potential of some Buena Vista Television library titles. According to him, one of the titles being bandied around is Blossom, so that is probably the show being released in 2005.

John*P

Second Unit
Blossom DVDs would be sweet.

When the heck is Even Stevens coming to DVD? (In season/box sets) And if anyone has info on Lizzie McGuire: Box Set Vol 2, let me know...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping this thread would be about DuckTales, Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, etc.

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator

Never got into Tale Spin, but the rest of those shows, especially Gummi Bears and DuckTales, I love with a vengeance. :)

Pavan_P

Second Unit
DuckTales, Chip 'n Dale, Tale Spin and Darkwing. That block ruled! It aired from 3-5PM in that order here, too.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I'm probably the only person who likes it but...
I would buy all seasons of Honey I Shrunk the Kids The TV Show. I think it was underrated.
It was the only show I actually loved or even liked in the whole 90's.
I'm really into family programs these days. :)

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
Even Stevens would be great...I really want Recess, that show is just hilarious.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Hey Benjamin any update on this? It would great if Blossom or any of the shows listed came out.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
and I STILL want "Herman's Head" (I just found a cache of L750's in a closet that looks to have about 9/10th of the show... abiet in Beta III, 2nd gen.. I would MUCH rather pay for good shiny discs...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks