What's new

Disney - No Pirates or Cars on Blu-Ray in 2006 (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I hope I'm not the only one who sees the irony of Disney using a streamed, heavily compressed MPEG2 video advertisement to try and sell a high definition disc format that's been roundly criticized for issuing some titles with pretty crappy MPEG2 transfers... :D

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Well you got me there. Disney's using Macromedia Flash. However, MPEG2 most certainly is a streaming video format.

Regardless, in light of the criticism Blu-ray has received I still find the fact that they're using blocky, artifact-ridden streaming video to advertise their Blu-ray titles pretty darned hilarious.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
So you're saying they should have waited until most of the country had minimum 10 Mb/sec connections straight to their PCs to stream ads in HD?

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That's not what I'm saying at all, but since you brought it up why not at least offer an HD version to those with sufficient bandwidth? After all, this trailer is advertising a product that supposedly offers a "Pristine 1080p Picture" that's "Beyond High Definition". I can stream HD movie trailers, why not HD disc ads?

If you don't see the simple irony here then that's fine.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I can see the irony, but I guess I'm unclear on what exactly you were you expecting. The "Look and Sound" page for HD DVD doesn't have hi-def trailers either. In fact, the only place where you can find them as they apply to the format seems to be on the HD DVD and Blu-ray discs themselves.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
In my response to your first post I think I stated what I was expecting pretty clearly:

"I can stream HD movie trailers, why not HD disc ads?"

And with that I think we should just drop the discussion, since it's a bit off-topic and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

ohh I will like to have POTC BD too :) and Pearl Harbor dogfights hmm could be amazing in 1080p
and there is a note, that they will start with DVD/BD relaeses on same day from DECEMBER 2006 as Jeff mentioned earlier on page..,

hmm what relaeses we have this december ?

============================
from faq on the page :

question: When will BVHE start relaseing Blue-ray titles the same day as regular DVDtitles

answare: BVHE plans to have sama-day releases od DVD and Blu-ray titles starting in December 2006
============================

Marek

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Oh I would love to have both Pirates Of The Caribbean movies in 1080p with a minimum of 6.1 lossless audio. I would love for the audio to be so good matey that it would be off the edge of the map and sound like a monster. ;)

I can just see these movies on a 120" screen with a DTS-HD Master Audio track playing.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Give us Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest in 1080p Blu-ray and I wont be able to pull the cash out of my wallet fast enough the day they become available
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks