What's new

Disney MOD program begins - Disney Generations (1 Viewer)

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Disney has just launched the Generations Collection. It looks to be a new line of made-to-order DVD-Rs. The first wave of releases, each priced $19.99 on Amazon.com includes Amy, the 1981 drama about a teacher at a deaf school; and also Goldrush, which I believe is a 1990s Wonderful World of Disney Movie.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0058I9DZM/thehomeimprovemz

Hopefully the Picture Quality is good on these.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Great news, I think? I'd love to see Disney start releasing some of their deep catalog titles through this program, but unfortunately Disney's track record on catalog releases is to put out decades-old transfers with no OAR. I hope they rectify this with some decent new MOD DVDs. I would love to see "The Light in the Forest" and the CinemaScope version of "Westward Ho the Wagons."

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on "The Ernest Green Story" and "Not Quite Human" "Mr. Boogedy" and a few others

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
If they go with some of their Wonderful World of Disney stuff I'll probably bite. Any of this post-Walt stuff is just a pass for me.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Maybe CHILD OF GLASS and the remainder of FIVE MILE CREEK (which stars Nicole Kidman, so Disney kinda bungled releasing the first season only when the second season would have been more marketable with Kidman being in it) could appear on this as well.

jra166

Grip
Real Name
Jason Ader
Maybe I'll finally be able to get a copy of "The Blue Yonder" Loved this movie when I was a kid, would rent it time and time again.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I picked up Amy, so I'll be letting you know how it looks (the preview was not promising). I definitely would like to see more Walt-era material and some of the 1970s and 1980s stuff. Child of Glass, which held up better than a lot of the studio's contemporary theatrical releases, would be perfect for this program, although there are rumors the negative is shot due to vinegar syndrome, as discussed here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/185535/child-of-glass-disney-movie-on-dvd Even so, their track record with remastering niche material is all over the place. I'm just glad I won't have to pay absurd sums for the VHS tapes from the 1980s anymore.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
One Disney Channel movie that I'd really like to see as part of this program is Spot Marks the X. It featured Barret Oliver from the first NeverEnding Story movie, and much like The Blue Yonder, was also directed by Mark Rosman. Unfortunately, it has never once been released on any home video format here in the United States, but it was released in Europe in PAL format.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
How about UNCUT "Mickey Mouse Club" episodes - the original & the 1960's re-issues with new wrap arounds.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by mattCR

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on "The Ernest Green Story" and "Not Quite Human" "Mr. Boogedy" and a few others

My sister would get an absolute thrill out of having Mr. Boogedy on DVD, along with Fuzzbucket, so count me in if they hit MOD.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by cafink

My #1 wish is for the last volume of Ducktales.

Seconded, and if they're going to do TV (and they already have), there's nearly 3 decades of the original Wonderful World of Disney as well as the late 1980s revival to do.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Texas John Slaughter series from Disneyland. I believe it was filmed in color but broadcast in B/W.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Meanwhile, these first announced titles... I don't know any of them. Are they worthwhile?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I remember Amy being pretty good.

I ordered the DVD and reviewed it. The movie is good, but, sadly, the DVD isn't. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks