Disney making new shorts - including a new Goofy "How To"

Discussion in 'Movies' started by MatthewLouwrens, Dec 3, 2006.

1. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

An interesting article in the NY Times says that Disney are getting back into making shorts to air with Disney's new theatrical films - and one is a new Goofy short, "How To Install Your Home Theater".

For Disney, Something Old (and Short) Is New Again

A few extracts:
    Sounds exciting.

2. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    this is probably the most exciting news to come out of Disney in years!

Really looking forward to these!

3. John Mansor

John Mansor Stunt Coordinator

Let's hope Freeway Phobia gets on DVD before these a new Goofy short.

4. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    Excellent.

Warner commissioned a dozen or so shorts to gear up for Looney Toons back in action but after they were finished instead of being attached to all WB films leading up to LTBIA that year they were stuffed in a vault because one executive got mad at another executive.

5. nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood Second Unit

This is just one of the reasons why I loved the Pixar acquisition/merger/takeover with Disney. The Pixar folks seem to know what they're doing, they attach shorts to their movies and those are sometimes what draws people. Smart move and I can't wait to see them now.

6. BrettB

BrettB Producer

I'm feeling really good about Pixar being able to fix things at the house of mouse.

7. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

Just in case anyone missed it, there is an article up at Animated Views called Deja and Henn on the return of The Goof! with Andreas Deja and Mark Henn talking about the new How To cartoon. Sounds quite promising. And it sounds like it will have the starburst opening! Yay!

8. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    It should be fun.

One thing it won't have, sadly, is any mention of Buena Vista, which is about to get rebranded according to IMDb.

9. chuckg

chuckg Supporting Actor

I saw this short at "National Treasure 2" I almost wetted the seat, I was laughing so hard. They managed to catch and portray every aspect of the HT experience.

I will not soon forget the admonition to purchase "a moderate set" while Goofy swoons over one as big a the proverbial side of a barn. I chuckle even now over Goofy's solution to a tangle of extra cables, and of course to his unique method of accessing the backsides of the equipment. And, I hope I can get this on disk so I can see just how well the subwoofer demonstration plays at home, on my slightly less gargantuan setup!

10. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I loved this cartoon; it was the main reason I saw National Treasure 2. I thought to myself, "yep, that's just like me" at every twist and turn of the thing.

I'd like to see more new theatrical short cartoons with the classic characters, and I'm bummed that the NT2 DVD and BD specs do not mention this cartoon.