What's new

Disney Closing LucasArts Game Studio (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
1313 looked like a generic third person shooter but real pretty and set in Star Wars. Honestly, it was probably good, but not exactly unique or interesting. Many, many, many games will come out in the next couple years that will look just like it.

As for LucasArts being closed, what was the last good game they made? I think this is sad but it's more of a "sad way to put them out of their misery" way. Also, Disney has internal development and external license games being made, so maybe this means licensing Star Wars to other developers and a good game actually being made.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
For me it's a nostalgic thing - I love many classic titles from this studio. I realize they haven't ever matched their former glory, but I have always held out hope they'd return to brilliance one day.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The best lucas arts titles go way back. Day of The Tentacle, LOOM, Full ThrottleBut to me, the game 'The Dig' was one of the best adventure stories I ever played, beautiful, thoughtful, just great.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Those games are classics, but I'd rather see their original creators (Ron Gilbert and Tim Rogers) make spiritual sequels than let LucasArts, as it existed in the last decade, anywhere near those franchises.

Users who are viewing this thread