What's new

Disney Cartoon Shows: We need them! (1 Viewer)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I am really in favor of the old Disney shows coming out on DVD. I'm not talking about the Merry Melodies Mickey Mouse stuff that they are releasing currently, although I am a fan of those, I am talking about the syndicated stuff we saw on saturday mornings. I am an especially big advocate of Ducktales, and Darkwing Duck, to be sure, but it doesn't stop there. Gummi Bears would be good as well, and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers as well. Am I alone on this or what?

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
That would indeed be good - they were great shows.

Just as long as they never let that ghastly show with the characters from Jungle Book as pilot see the light of day. That was not good.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
TailSpin? I kinda liked that one.

My opinion on all those shows would be, "I like them but not enough to buy them on DVD." Well, maybe Darkwing Duck...

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
With other characters, it may have worked. I was just bothered by the fact that they decided to use Jungle Book characters in a setting that made no sense for the characters.

Darkwing Duck was great. And I would be interested in Duck Tales also.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy sets of:
FOR SURE: Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, Hercules, Gummi Bears, Bonkers, Marsupilami/Raw Toonage (a fun show no one knows anything about)
PoSSIBLY: Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin
NO: Goof Troop, Timon n' Pumbaa

Most of these shows debuted with a primetime 1-2 hour "movie" special. I think if Disney wants to test the waters on these releases, they ought to release those alone and all the fans will buy them. Right?

Rob T

Screenwriter
I want...
Darkwing Duck
Ducktales
Gummi Bears
and Gargoyles (which is on its way)

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I would definitely buy sets of Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles and Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers.

On, the "maybe" pile I'd put The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Bonkers, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Tale Spin and The Adventures of the Gummi Bears.

The rest... nah.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
For Sure: Tale Spin, Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers
Maybe: Ducktales, Darkwing Duck

Disney could make so much money off of TV sets because of lot of people grew up on these on the Disney Afternoon. I wonder what they are waiting for.

Paul

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I'm all for
Darkwing Duck
DuckTales
TaleSpin
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
Bonkers
and amybe gummi bears but not as much

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I think the majority of these shows' audiences would probably buy individual releases with say, four episodes on a disc, sooner than they would season sets.

I remember the name Bonkers but can't remember a thing about the show. What was it?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I only saw the first episode, but from what I remember, it was similar to "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", but with different characters. (The show was entirely animated, but some characters were supposed to be 'toons and others were supposed to be human.)

RayD

Auditioning
i want duck tales so badly!

i would buy all the duck tales and gummi bears boxsets definately, and i would heavily consider darkwing duck and hercules... neither of which i have seen but they sound good.

talespin and rescue rangers were cool too.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I'd buy the DuckTales Movie and the five-episode arcs, maybe. That's about it. I loved Gummi Bears and Darkwing Duck, but not enough to pick them up.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I would scoop up Lilo and Stitch: The Series that moment they put it on the shelf. Love that little alien.:emoji_thumbsup:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy season sets (or any releases) of The Wuzzles, Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin and Goof Troop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks